Mid-Game Party Recommendations

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
rhombus

Mid-Game Party Recommendations

Post by rhombus »

Just wondering if anyone has some ideas for good mid-game parties. I find that just about everyone plays pretty much the same mid-game, but perhaps I'm mistaken. I know that later on some characters start to stand out more when they get open rune slots or higher growths over time, but mid-game I've found little reason to change the starting party of Hero, 2 knight buddies (I picked Tal and Jewel this time around), and Chiepoo. I like throwing Jeanne and Viki in just for some classic Suikoden feel, but I find that mage-type characters kinda suck in this game cause of the sheer number of battles you get into. Only characters I've found that stand out from mediocrity at this point are the ninja trio, and that's mainly just cause of their unite (well, I kinda like Mizuki on her own with the Shrike rune, but at this point her damage is so crappy she NEEDS the strike rune just to keep pace with Hero and Tal's regular damage).
Erk in danger!
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: Mid-Game Party Recommendations

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Where are you in the game at so I know which characters you have available to you and can advise based on that?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
rhombus

Post by rhombus »

Right after getting Kika and the pirates... oh yeah, and don't include Kika... I'm trying not to use her so much (she's too good).
Erk in danger!
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

My first play-through. . I did not remove Tal. .unless I had to.

I love him.
:O :shock:

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Akaghi and Mizuki are both excellent. They were in my final party in one of my playthroughs. If you brought him, Tal is an excellent choice to keep. Surprisingly, Rita isn't bad with her hammer. I am also particularly fond of Hervey. I found him to be quite good. Hope this helps! There just isn't a lot available to you at this point. After you get Elenor and do the recruitment spree there, you'll have a lot more options and a lot more characters that are decent. Oh, you could probably give Mitsuba and Bartholomew a whirl if you want.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

At this point in the game, I believe Kate is the fastest magician that you have, and although her magic isn't on the level of Viki/Jeane, she kicks butt with a Fire Rune. Any of the three knights at the start (sans Jewel) are also useful. Lino En Kuldes and Hervey are two of the high-STR characters that have a decent SKL stat, meaning they won't miss a lot. Ornan's good too, but he has that Waking Rune, although it has its perks once he wakes up. Sigurd is decent, as is Chiepoo. Same with Mizuki and Akaghi.

Bartholomew, Mitsuba, Izak, Gau, Dario, and Tal are also high-STR characters, but they have low SKL, so use them at your own risk.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Gau and Dario's Unite is very awesome altho it misses every now and then, still it's best for those mobs especially when you want to rush the game

Kika imo is not strong, her physical damage is very weak (i found it sometimes as strong as a mage's damage) add the fact she sucks at magic. the only reason imo to use Kika is for unite with Lazlo, then again you have Gau and Dario's 1x damage to all compared to a measly 0.4

Mitsuba is always in my party, she has a very high if not the highest atk power in the game. She works well with Selma (her unite buddy) you can convert Selma to a healer in times of need. problem is, Selma comes much later in the game.

I did not invest on Viki and Jeane because of their irremovable runes. i kept thinking of this waste of a slot that could have been used for a Wizard Rune.

these were the characters who are a main stay on my main team.

Lazlo, two knights, Mitsuba
Lazlo, Ted, Selma, Mitsuba
Lazlo, Snowe, Ted, Mitsuba
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Mio wrote:Kika imo is not strong, her physical damage is very weak (i found it sometimes as strong as a mage's damage) add the fact she sucks at magic.
Why use magic when you have a spammable Falcon rune at your disposal?
HarHar_0016

Post by HarHar_0016 »

..IF I WERE TO CHOOSE FIVE INCLUDING LAZLO....

..I'LL PICK ..WENDEL :D ..TED..AMERIA OR MILLAY.. AND ..SNOWE... WITH HIS PIRATE COTUME....

..THAT SHOULD BE GREAT..
avenger

Post by avenger »

Well, let's see.. Kika oh you said no to her....??? ok...

Hero
Jeane
the chinese girl from the bath i forget her name.. Lo Fong?
Mizuki

this team has brought me lots of luck and victories. try it.