Curious

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
JanusThePaladin

Curious

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I noticed that there is not a tips and tricks guide on Suikosourse for Suikoden 4. I have found a couple things in the games that may be helpful to other players, and as there is one for S1 and 2, i expected to find one for 4.

Can anyone tell me why there is not?
RangerDeon

Re: Curious

Post by RangerDeon »

I believe someone is working on it.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well i don't think there are too many tricks. Trading is the obvious way of making money, to get the best hammer early you need to do a lot of training to fight the Angel Hairball in Obel Ruins, but there's no "trick" to it... it's just coming up with a viable strategy + getting lucky.
JanusThePaladin

I disagree. The best way to make money is to equip your team with a prosperity rune and a money finder in the support slot and battle either the Ancient Crab or Killer Golem to your hearts content. Ancient crab nets 25k without money finder and prosperity rune and killer golem nets you 30. They also both have a 30% chance of dropping a material you can use in construction of better equipment (crab drops giant crab shell, golem drops plantinum).

Also, an interesting trick is that the Release command when on your ship is based solely off your main party. So if your party is level 50 and can release anything (aside from the Land Shell) randomly encountered in the water, likewise can your backup parties. With this in mind, equip one member of each of your back up parties with a slash rune, and travel around Middleport, Razril, and Mountain Mass island, and voila, powerful secondary teams to be used in large scale battles or at Fort El Eal.

I used the above trick to bring a team of Tal, level 1, Paula level 1, Keneth level 36, and Jewel level 36 to above level 40.

Now if thats not a tip or trick, can you define it better?
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

well, it's easier to do the level up via reinhold's training room. just get lazlo (main character) and ted up to 99 by themselves first, then throw in a 3rd person with fortune, and you can get that person up to 99 in about 3 trips through the training room.
JanusThePaladin

See? There you go! I didnt know about that either.

But in my defense, my way also allows you to customize teams for large sea battles, and if you do what i do, you'll use members who have combo attacks, as you can use combos in boarding parties.

Anyone else got some little tidbits they'd like to share?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well i meant trading early on.. hehe