Help! i cant beat Ritas Card game!!

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
xnostalgiax

Help! i cant beat Ritas Card game!!

Post by xnostalgiax »

As the subject says, i'm nearing the end of the game,
shes one of the few stars left but i've played
her games, literally, 100 times i cant ever
get her score to 3000, i get close, then she
wins somehow.

Im thinking about going with
the bad ending and not recruiting
her because i cant beat her

Does anyone have a stradegy guide or stradegy
in general to beat her? it would really help me. Thanks.
JanusThePaladin

Re: Help! i cant beat Ritas Card game!!

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Basic strategy indicates going for Runs over sets, in otherwords, go for 123 over 333. I found, though i dont know if this is true or just coincidence, that i do better at her game when i have my characters luck stats jumped up. Try equipping your entire party with luck rings and lottery tickets, and anything else you know of that raises the luck stat.

That should help.

You can also try cursing fluently, it may not change the game, but it always made me feel better.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Essentially, you want to get a set of tiles of the same color with a set of 1-2-3 dots on them, or a set of 3 with the same number of dots, for example 2-2-2. Also having a set of 3 runes count as a set. You want to make 3 sets, with the last tile you draw completing the set. When you have 1 tile left to complete your 3 sets, it's called a Hakoten. When you get a hakoten, you have to discard every tile that does not complete your final set, you can however still use the rune tiles if you draw them. The game continues until either you or Rita completes all 3 sets, or until the amount of tiles runs out, I forget what the term for that is though. Hope my explanation helps! I'm actually rather fond of Rita-pon. I find it very entertaining and fun.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Hakoten is when you completely wipe Rita out of points. A tsumo is when you win, and a Ron is when you only need one more tile to win, and claim it.