Character Gameplay question

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
zionprophecy

Character Gameplay question

Post by zionprophecy »

Okay so i wasn't sure where to post this. IM assuming the character section but its about them in battle.
ALright on gamefaqs they have a gu7ide for character evaluation with the best overall character stat wise and help you with whats the best runes etc to affix to them. Now im not a cheater, i've beaten each suikoden inclkuding tactis once, I just really enjoy playing by someone elses idea and theorys opn good teams my 3rd time through.
Now finally the question.....
I was wondering if anyone here has a guide up for the chacters int his game? Maybe we can start a small discussion on what characters work best with what armour etc. I would like this to also start from the \the start of game, maybe saving certain orbs, or leveling up certain folk i dont know. THat guide i mentioned earlier is amazing for little hints on chacacters. Im sure someone here could do the same.

TRhanks if this made any sense, sorry if its in the wrong section.
I never said a word to my wife until i said yes to a divorce.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Character Gameplay question

Post by KFCrispy »

there are topics here and there, but they generally all lead to the following agreements:
Mages - Guardian Set is probably the best choice for any mage, since it activates Alert status.
-Ted is the most broken mage in the game due to Soul Eater and high overall stats.

Fighters - if they can equip it, the best armor sets are Ogre Set (same effect as Fury Rune) and Goblin Set (attack +20%). Double-strike, Fury, and Warrior Runes (listed in order of effectiveness) provide boosts for physical damage.
-Kika is the strongest single-character army due to being able to average 3x dmg every turn with the Falcon Rune. You can set her up with Ogre Set and a Double-Strike Rune. If you can manage to boost her MAG stat significantly to get her head rune slot open, then use Goblin Set (if she can use), Double-Strike and Fury Runes.
-Snowe's unite with the Hero can upgrade to deal 3x damage, and as he gains levels his STR increases greatly.
-Mizuki is mentionable because she gets 2 free rune slots easily and has the unlimited-use 2x dmg Shrike Rune.
zionprophecy

Re: Character Gameplay question

Post by zionprophecy »

This one doesn't seem to hvae much of a variety compared to the other suikodens for character uselessfullness... any other takers or are what Cripsy said pretty much summing it up?
I never said a word to my wife until i said yes to a divorce.