what is the minimum level my team should be at for the final

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Templeton
Banned User

what is the minimum level my team should be at for the final

Post by Templeton »

Soehlman
Posted 7/27/2007 4:14:15 AM
message detail *topic

i have about 9 characters around lvl 55, and i really want to finish this game so that i can move on to odin sphere ^_^. do you think my team can handle the last encounter?

---
number of games owned: 764
number of games completed: 363
DarthMordechai
Posted 7/27/2007 6:19:08 AM
message detail Levels seem about right, what characters are you going to use and what is their setup? That'll probably be more important than the levels
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
I took her virginity. I have the bloody sheet to prove it. - BullFrogger
rpg_fanatic_004
Posted 7/27/2007 8:04:16 AM
message detail Due to the crappy party system, you will want a varitey of characters. In all other Suikodens, I prefer melee attackers so I'll stock 4 of them, a healer who can still do a lot of damage, and a Mage.

Just for example

My first time through I used: Hero, Kika, Gau, and Jeane.

Obviously, I don't have a Super healer on the team, but with the 4th spell of the RoP and a Water Rune on Kika, I got the job done around your levels.

But like was already posted, whats your set up with runes, armor, and what not?
---
Lieutenant Commander Fanatic of the LBA
A story can't be a story without a past - blazefeeler
DarthMordechai
Posted 7/27/2007 12:08:58 PM
message detail a Water Rune on Kika

You have a perfectly able mage there in Jeane, and you put the water rune on Kika? The water rune on the games biggest damage dealer? The water rune on who, unless in DIRE circumstances will be using the falcon rune every single turn since it's so horribly powerful? The water rune on a character who has pretty crappy magic stat as it is?

Well...ok then!
---
Gorre5
Posted 7/27/2007 12:17:36 PM
message detail Lvl 64 for hero party
Lvl 54 for detachment party

Detachment: Helmut, Jeane, Sigurd, Hervey (they both have 3 power rings for combo)

Heros: Hero(3 power rings for combo), Ted, Snowe(3 power rings for combo), Kika (3 power rings for falcon)
---
"I want to be born. To live. That is all I want." - Aura
Soehlman
Posted 7/27/2007 4:33:13 PM
message detail oh boy - sound slike i have some work to do.

i need a TON of potch to upgrade weaponry and armor. only one of my characters is at lvl 10 weapon, the rest below. and only 2 or 3 of the 8 have platinum armor.

so what the best way to get potch? i read about the pearl trading "trick". is that the most effcient way time wise?

i think i will get everyone's weapons up to lvl 12 minimum, everyone with platinum or equivalent, and then give it a try.

i havent deicede on exact parties yet, but i have been using hero, paula, mitsuba, kenneth, for 1 and lino en culdes, axel, helmut, an d selma for two. i should probably get better runes too.

sigh - looks like i have a few more hours of grinding. ^_^
---
Gorre5
Posted 7/27/2007 6:59:10 PM
message detail it is imperative that you use Ted and Kika or the boss will pwn u
Jeane will help you with Graham because she can use magic very well
---
Gorre5
Posted 7/27/2007 7:01:26 PM
message detail sorry for dbl post, but I forgot to add something

Get the best runes, the best armr, forge to 16, and give 3 power rings to combo users and kika

You can get alot of money by fighting bonus bosses
---
Leon481
Posted 7/28/2007 5:15:27 AM
message detail Ted and Kika are not necessary. I've beaten them with all kinds of different parties. The only thing you need to be sure to have is a dedicated healer.
DarthMordechai
Posted 7/28/2007 5:50:26 AM
message detail Your levels are fine. If you have a healer with water/flowing to make sure nobody dies, and some well equipped attackers/mages you should be fine. The party that goes in with Elenor isn't that important, since Cray isn't that tough - again, a decent healer and a few decently equipped attackers should suffice

High level weapons would be helpful. If you finished the training room battles, then put the Fury Rune on Kika and use her Falcon Rune every turn, she'll be ripping everything apart by herself. If you spend the time getting a full Ogre Set by Adrienne, then putting this on Kika and putting a rune that boosts her attack will let her win the last boss by herself

But hey, let's see what teams you're going to be using. You don't need Kika and Ted in your final party, but they sure do help a lot
---

Soehlman
Posted 7/28/2007 6:14:01 AM
message detail you guys have been incredibly helpful.

i plan on going through the training thing today to get the fury ring, and then building up kika. i spent several hours last night trading pearls for potch, and i think i will do that today too trying to upgrade weapons and armor.

---