Suitable Character for Robe of the Dead?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
mpieco

Suitable Character for Robe of the Dead?

Post by mpieco »

I'm sure we've all looked at this piece of equipment before and said to ourselves, "Holy shoot". I know I have. However, the drawback is "increases vulnerability". In a sense, it's an auto-firefly, as well as a damage increaser apparently? Let's just say that it's hard to survive for multiple turns when you're wearing this.

So, who would work with this best? It raises strength and attack like crazy. And ideally, We'd want the turn to end quickly. No more than 2 full turns I would expect.

Has anyone done extensive testing on this? I wish Double-Beat Runes existed. Or if this piece existed in past games. A perfect candidate I think would have been Clive with a Double-Beat Rune attached with 3 Power Rings. That'd be +110 strength overall. Imagine that.

So what can we do with it in IV? Regardless, I think the user is going to have to be stacked with Speed Rings to ensure its going first. Or maybe, if the character is naturally speedy, 3 power rings to even further boost its attack? I'm not sure who can even equip the robe. If it's just mages, then that isn't very fun. I would hope we could attach it to a heavy-hitter. I was thinking maybe Sigurd. What do you guys think? Who have you tried it on?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Suitable Character for Robe of the Dead?

Post by KFCrispy »

i'm pretty sure Ted can wear it. i didn't do a lot of testing in this game. it's hard to deal with....
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

it does add 30 magic, so Ted's Soul Eater would be that much more devastating. I was hoping to find a good physical match for it (yes, Ted can be used physically, but he's more of a fighter-mage). that 50 strength is just too tempting. I'm gonna have to play around with it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

how about a character involved in a hit-all unite..
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Kika? Decent speed, and pretty high evasion score, but once she's get hit, it's over. She's involved in three all-enemy unite attacks: Double Sword, Allure and Beauty.
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

Where do you get the Robe Of The Dead? I've completed Suikoden 4 about 5times now but i don't remember it. It's been a while since i last looked at it, was disappointed with it to be honest.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Hmm... now that I check back on this, ironically I think Eugene would be a good candidate. Can he equip it? It wouldn't have as much of a drawback because he already has a Firefly Rune anyway. He has an average MAG stat too, and a decent Fire Magic affinity, so he could also make use of the +30. A good setup would be Firefly + Rage + Counter, then for accessories, Counter Ring x3 (do they stack?) or if they don't stack, Counter Ring + Power Ring x2. About +80 PWR boost, and if want to use him as a fighting character instead, then just give him a Double-strike Rune. However, I think the Ogre Set + Double-strike + Warrior + Power Ring x3 would allow him to deal more damage.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Suikidal wrote:Where do you get the Robe Of The Dead? I've completed Suikoden 4 about 5times now but i don't remember it. It's been a while since i last looked at it, was disappointed with it to be honest.
Robe of the Dead can be made by your Tailor (Phil) using Silk x2, Bone x20
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

KFCrispy wrote:Robe of the Dead can be made by your Tailor (Phil) using Silk x2, Bone x20

I'm gonna restart S4 soon and check that out, thnx.
avenger

Post by avenger »

Jeane
Viki
Ted (best)
Maxine she is dead anyway guah ha ha..
Pablo maybe
HarHar_0016

Post by HarHar_0016 »

I bet you don't know this......

WENDEL!!!!!!

nico's fan(more like an apprentice)

but she's great!!! she has great physical damage... a superior magic strength... try it!!! WENDEL!!!!!! is the ONE!!!! :wink: THAT'S FOR SURE!!!!!