Elven village?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Black knight overlord

Elven village?

Post by Black knight overlord »

This is my first post so i hope its ok,anyway, has anyone noticed on the left of the great elven tree there is another path like the one to the prison, but it is blocked a a small layer of vines. Was this supposed to be the entrance to the elven village, but was cut out due to time constraints? Paula and Selma talk about their village but it cant just be the main room and the prison cell, was making the village considerd but taken out?. It would be great if someone would reply to this, i havent posted before. If there is already a thread on this could you point me to it, that would be great.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

I noticed that too, when i was playing... i even tried to run into the vines a million times due to me getting a little frusterated... but i must say they should've made that a "real" village, especially due to the extreme lack of towns and islands to explore... i don't exactly know if they were meaning to make it an entrance to the village or not but it seems very possible... i guess it makes sense that they didn't make a village, because the elf people didn't like humans all that much and it wouldnt have made much sense for you to just enter their village, especially after stealing from them. I'm sure the village is probably "there" realistically speaking, but you just can't see or enter it.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yes I imagine it does lead into the "elven village" however you can't get there. This is similar to Suikoden V when you never get to the eleven village either. Also, in the original Suikoden the eleven village is destroyed and you can't get to it later on. Hmmmm intentional pattern or lazy game designers?
MarkSee

Post by MarkSee »

Maybe it is to emphasize how distant the elves are from other races, at least in the case of S4 and S5.
That is all.