Ritapon?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
kharaa

Ritapon?

Post by kharaa »

I'm trying to recruit rita, but.. i can't seem to win or get her to join me.

I think the game mechanics are what's getting me, i tried reading the guide on this website but to me it made zero sense.

So the objective is to collect sets. bu number and color right? so that... if I had three different chars, but they all had 1 on them, would that count?

and when you discard is that what you place down on the table? so the objective is to not place down the peices you need? I'm so confused >.<...
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

You can win the game by reaching a so called "TSUMO" or "RON" Well you have to form 1, 2, 3 of the same color. You can also protect your cards with "EARTH RUNE" or deleting some of Rita's cards with Fire and Water to buy some time. Thunder allows you to take 3 cards.

Well you have to see what you take. Well there are now 2 or 3 months since I played Suikoden 4 last time. Better you read Rita's instructions and remember mine :)

Good luck, it's not quite difficult to get her. Just win some matches in a row to get all the 500 points. Then you get her.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

It's three tiles of the same character (all Rakgie, all Rikie, etc), which would be all the same number and color (3 blue tiles with one dot, 3 red tiles with 2 dots, etc.), getting 1,2,3 of the same color, or getting 3 element tiles. You need a total of 3 sets.

I had a hard time with it at first too, but once you figure it out, it's really easy. The trick is to look at which sets you're closest to completing right off the bat and shoot for those, but be willing to change if you get closer to others as you draw tiles (I've done this before, started with one element tile and ended up with a set of 3 before using any),
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Thanks, I got it. o.-; i was doing it like ass backwards..

i was "discarding" the peices that i needed thinking that i needed to put them on the table to collect them.

o.-;
akuma x

Post by akuma x »

i hate this game, it took me forever to beat her!
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

I loved Ritapon once I got used to it.
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

I'm a bigger fan of the chess game in V, but Ritapon can be fun. I don't play it much, but in all honesty, I've never played any of the gambling mini-games much, with the exception of Marco's cup game in I early on when you're still a member of the Imperial Guard. Other mini-games though, I'm all over. Cooking, fishing, rope climbing, chess, etc.
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

right, but let's try to stick to the topic instead of saying what we like and don't like :)
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Well, we're not really off topic. The game is confusing at first and can be frustrating, leaving people to not really like it, but once you get the hang of it, it actually becomes kinda fun, trying to find the right sets to win. Some people catch on faster, others not so fast, but the same goes for any game, really. Now, wether you like it enough to play it after you recruit her is up to you.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

If you know how to play mahjongg, this one is a cinch. I was actually surprised when I first saw it. I was like "OMG MAHJONGG!!!" XD
Servonut

Post by Servonut »

I personally didn't touch Ritapon after recruiting Rita. (I got frustrated easily!) But I'd like to know, were there any must have rewards for mastering it that I may have missed?
Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax".
"Tact is just not saying true stuff, I'll pass." - Cordelia Chase
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I think Diamonds are the only best items you could get. I got 99 Mushrooms because of my addiction. :oops:
Silver Dragon Flik

Re: Ritapon?

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Please help my with this game! IT just seems Rita always get the good blocks. She has 90% of the time reach Tsumo is just 2 turns, she always get's the thunder. I underrstand this game perfectly, but I AWAYS LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! This is really driving me insane........... :roll: :evil: :twisted:
coolfox09

Post by coolfox09 »

Silver Dragon Flik wrote:Please help my with this game! IT just seems Rita always get the good blocks. She has 90% of the time reach Tsumo is just 2 turns, she always get's the thunder. I underrstand this game perfectly, but I AWAYS LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! This is really driving me insane........... :roll: :evil: :twisted:
i NO ITS SO ANNOYING SOMBODY PLEZ HELP ME :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :x :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :wink: :mrgreen: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!:
G Zero

Post by G Zero »

The first few times it was hard for me, more recently it was VERY easy. It usually ticks me off when she wins, but you can win them all.

What I do, is use all the Runes I have or when I get them. Then I start to get rid of the least number of colors I have.

Example: Red, Red, Blue, Green, Green, Green Yellow, Yellow

I would get rid of the Blue, since I only have one. Now is when I usually start to try making my groups, With each of the colors, I try to get either Red-1, Red-2, Red-3. Or I try to get Red-1, Red-1, Red-1. Somewhere along the lines of that. Then just start doing that with all of them, and hopefully you'll win.
"A cute young girl on the outside, and an ancient old crone on the inside!!! This vampire likes to eat her veggies. It's Sierra!!!"

"You, you shall pay dearly for that....."