Ritapon?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
rhombus

Re: Ritapon?

Post by rhombus »

In general I agree with other posters that using the elemental runes as soon as you get them is a sound strategy. However, I find the water rune to be an exception. I like to hold on to it until late in the round, when there are more discarded tiles so you can pick a good tile to resurrect, especially to finish off a triple. Rita herself uses this tactic all the time. Also, since water only affects the discarded tiles, even a played earth rune won't protect Rita from you using it effectively.

As for the game being "fair"... I definitely think (or like to think) that I have a pretty sound grasp over the concept and strategy of the game, and definitely win more often than I lose. Even still, sometimes Rita really annoys me... she often seems to win within the first 2 turns (often using lightning runes in the process), and at times when you both Reach at the same time when going for combinations that are statistically equal (in theory) she almost always seems to get Tsumo or Ron before me. Not only that, but her general winning round nets her like 5-6k points, whereas mine usually are like 3-4k... I know that there's a "catch-up bonus", but even still, she routinely gets the higher value combos (that's pure luck really, cause you COULD try to go for high bonus combos yourself, but trying to force the issue like that will generally make you lose.)
Erk in danger!
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Silver Dragon Flik wrote:Please help my with this game! IT just seems Rita always get the good blocks. She has 90% of the time reach Tsumo is just 2 turns, she always get's the thunder. I underrstand this game perfectly, but I AWAYS LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!! This is really driving me insane........... :roll: :evil: :twisted:
Well I'm glad SOMEONE else is having the same problems! 95% of the time she gets a frigging Ron or Tsumo, and even worse is that godforsaken Tsunomono (or 3x the win)

I've requested codes for that mini game...2 years later and my requests have still fallen on deaf ears, and have still gone ignored.

I'm even thinking of just selling this game and guide on ebay, cause I'm fed up with that stupid Ritapon game. I need to recruit Rita in order to get others...yet 255 matches of Ritapon, and I've only won 5. ¬.¬
coolfox09

Post by coolfox09 »

when i turned the volume down it started to get easier for some reason. It took bout 5 times before she actually joined me, on my next playthrough though, she was EASY! i kept getting rons and tsumos without even knowing :D
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I've never had problems with the game. I've had bad luck but then I've had a run of good luck too. I have actually picked up the game just to play a few rounds of Ritapon. It's the best part of the game (except for the narcissist).

Now the coin toss game, that's just silly.
coolfox09

Post by coolfox09 »

i liked the dice game with gunther
but yeah coin toss is silly
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Yeah, Rita-pon is pretty simple and easy. I like it, although I mute the tv because her voice annoys me to no end. Just get your color and number sets and use your runes wisely. For example, using a fire rune when she calls out that she just needs one more tile (I forget the term...it's been a while).
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Huh?? 255 matches?! 5 won?!?! hmm..weird. My favorite mini-game is not that hard... winning there gives me a feeling of real victory.. losing is as bad as i love winning. Especially if it gets suspicious and she wins a couple of times continuously. Grr...
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

I had to reset the system everytime she won twice in a row, but yeah...it got annoying. ¬.¬ But I lucked out...I settled the score, when I had a higher score than her, and eventually won.

I'm glad you don't get any major items from Ritapon...I've never really played that Coin Toss game at all actually...Ritapon and Cat&Mouse is really the only ones I've ever really played...just to get Rita, and Champo and Nalkul. After that, I just used the cheat device to get whatever decent items you can win from C&M. :P

The only other game I hate more than Ritapon is Tops...but luckily you don't HAVE to play it to recruit Basil. (of which I'm grateful to Konami for not making us go through hell just to get another SoD.)
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

You do have to play tops to get certain items for like furniture sets, and I think a window set....I think I had to win like 20 times in a row to get an item. I managed to do it....somehow.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Yeah but I could never get the hang of it, thus I just use a cheat device to get those specific items.

Besides it just looks like a cheap version of that horrible fad Beyblade.

Rita's voice does annoy me greatly...course I don't care for much of the voice acting in this game at all really...
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Muting the game DOES help. It really does.

Glad somebody mentioned the brilliant strategy of holding onto the Water Rune tile until you can use it to get a Tsumo. That's EXACTLY how I win like 80% of the matches when I get the Water Rune.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

highwind44029 wrote:Muting the game DOES help. It really does.
Lol!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Ritapon is the main reason I don't play Suikoden IV anymore...and no one can hack codes for it either...so I just keep the game around as a collectors item, but it more or less just collects dust really. :\