Walkthrough?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
kharaa

Walkthrough?

Post by kharaa »

Is there any decent walkthru's around for Suiko 4, most of the ones at GameFAQ's are basically crap, they're not very thorough, and leave alot of room for confusion.. they also don't give a very detailed list of where and when to recruit chars(which is the entire reason I want the guide..)
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Well, I bought the official guide when I bought the game (did same with Tactics and V), but really shouldn't need one. It's a fairly straight forward game. If you use the SoD list and other resources here on Suikosource for the game, shouldn't have any real problems. Just remember to sail from wherever to the island for the hint when getting Snowe, no Viki ports.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

it's not the need of it. however so far i'm widely unimpressed with the game, so i just want to see the story and get it done with..

however if i have to i'll buy the offical guide.. o.-; not that i want too, I never needed a guide on 1 2 or 3. i used one on 5 though,

I wish the girl who did the 5 guide did one for four. lol
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

I suppose I could write one, not that I've ever done that sort of thing
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Luca

Post by Luca »

Hey man just in case you are using FAQ from gamefaq there are quite a few of them to choose from and i advice you that the latest dated faq doesn't mean its the best from my experience if you have seen me whining in other threads about the problems :lol:

so yeah choose wisely eh, 8)
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Yeah Luca, I've seen how horrible most of them are, the three largest in size, are pretty bad and uninformative.

Cyril did one for Suikoden 5, and it was probably the best one i've ever seen.

if you want to moon, i'm sure a bunch of us at suikosource here can contribute.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

If I did one, it'd be very generic. No dungeon maps, only a mention of the order of things to do, where to do them, and who to get there. At least at first. I'm sure I'd expand on it eventually. Maybe somethin for me to work on this weekend when I have time
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I'm actually playing through the game again, but I'm already past the Nest of Pirates, so I think that's far off already. If I had known about this, I would have done it when I started the game. :(
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

As i go through the game, i could try to make dungeon maps, i'll use my codebreaker to give me the champion rune, and i'll map them all out if you want.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

If ya want, lol. Like I said, won't be a huge walkthrough, really simple "Go here, talk to this guy, get this, go elsewhere" kind of thing
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

as long as it mentions where these people are at, instead of assuming the person knows, it'll be better then any of the other guides out there.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

As mentioned in the mushroom thread, I finished II last night, so will start playing through IV again tonight and have start working on the walkthrough. Now, a question for those asking for one: would you rather I do it in piecemeal posts on here every day as I play through, or rather have me wait and submit it all as a document for the site?
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

post it all as a document when it's done, so that you can upload it to here and places like gamefaqs..
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Ok, wow, writing walkthroughs is really really time consuming. About 3 or 4 hours in, playing a new game+ no less, and I'm only just finishing my second mission with the knights. Anyways, I've decided to do a bit of both, post what I've gotten so far, as well as saving a major copy to eventually upload, this way you all can get a view at my daily progress through IV and the walkthrough, and let me know where you'd like some changes. I'll create a new thread for it here on this forum.
forweg

Post by forweg »

highwind44029 wrote:I'm actually playing through the game again, but I'm already past the Nest of Pirates, so I think that's far off already. If I had known about this, I would have done it when I started the game. :(
Random Suckster sighting FTW!