Recruiting Snowe

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Rasler

Recruiting Snowe

Post by Rasler »

So i've 107 Stars of destiny right now, but i've encountered a huge problem which i believe is a bug?

Firstly, the guy who give trading tips in Mondo is bugged, u can't communicate with him no matter what buttons u press, no dialogue option appears, he just stand there not moving.
Second, Deborah didn't give any hints about Snowe, so i figured something went wrong?
I've heard ppl saying once u get onto the deck getting the Nasal Bird's msg and getting in to the War Room, it'll not be possible to recruit Snowe?

I've a backup file before the liberation in Obel and attempted to talk to the trading guy in Mondo and it worked normally, but i got a bit fed up trying to recruit all those in Obel again after a continuous 8 hours play Can someone verify if the above is true? Thanks in advance.
DeathChaser

Post by DeathChaser »

who do u need ..what character are u missing ?
What ?Wo are you..
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

You can go on the deck so long as you don't go into the war room. I, personally, have never heard of that problem before. Are you sure you're in front of him? Make sure you're facing him properly. That's the only thing I can think of....
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Luca

Post by Luca »

i have this problem as well....i am having 107 SOD now. And i went to the deck and get the nasal bird msg (had been following a #$%^#$ faq which guided me to wrong ends always) :evil:

But i didn't go to the war room yet. I just keep re-entering mordo and speaking to the trade tipster million of times already. He just sells tips and doesn't say the darn "i see someone" sentence. Will be very upset and angry if its really the nasal bird case that cut the line to recruit him, because its a long way behind and i overwrite the save file already...darn faq. :evil:
Spiraling Entropy

Post by Spiraling Entropy »

Strange...I'll keep an eye on this when I get to that part.
In Digitized Remorse
Luca

Post by Luca »

Luca wrote:i have this problem as well....i am having 107 SOD now. And i went to the deck and get the nasal bird msg (had been following a #$%^#$ faq which guided me to wrong ends always) :evil:

But i didn't go to the war room yet. I just keep re-entering mordo and speaking to the trade tipster million of times already. He just sells tips and doesn't say the darn "i see someone" sentence. Will be very upset and angry if its really the nasal bird case that cut the line to recruit him, because its a long way behind and i overwrite the save file already...darn faq. :evil:
Yo i'm still stuck here, can someone help out please lol. :D
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

if all else fails, use a cheat device to recruit him.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

You have to recruit all the characters BEFORE you reconquer the Kingdom of Obel. Well If Obel is retaken in that moment.... then you won't be able to recruit Snowe.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
Luca

Post by Luca »

Pokerface wrote:You have to recruit all the characters BEFORE you reconquer the Kingdom of Obel. Well If Obel is retaken in that moment.... then you won't be able to recruit Snowe.
I don't understand how is that possible, there are a few stars that can only be recruited after you conquered Obel? for example the guy who plays game, and Nicol's friend.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Darn it! Wrong description! Please forgive me. I meant before the LAST offensive against Kooluk. This was the point. Well I was very tired when I wrote that.
Luca

Post by Luca »

Pokerface wrote:Darn it! Wrong description! Please forgive me. I meant before the LAST offensive against Kooluk. This was the point. Well I was very tired when I wrote that.
No problem Pokerface. By last offensive do you mean the attack on the fort that is activated by entering the war room after liberating Obel?

If so then thats where i am now, i have 107 SOD and i have yet to enter the war room to launch the assault. 8)
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Hehe yeah! Well after recruiting 107 SoD you have to SAIL to Mordo and talk to the man in front of the bath. He will tell you about a suspicious person drifting. After talking to that man you have to SAIL to the west. Then after 1 or 2 random battles you will have a cutscene where you can see Snowe. This time he will join you and.. oh yeah.. you remember that "friendship" attack? It was more or less a Taskmaster and Slave attack.. BUT this time you'll see a TRUE friendship attack. They kick ass together :)
Luca

Post by Luca »

i'm excited to hear that! but just one problem, u can't get the guy to reveal to me about snowes information in Mordo. :(
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Hmmm.. that's odd.... that man simply MUST tell you about he saw Snowe... Then you have to sail from there in Razril's direction... hmhm that's really odd man.. could you give me a little status report?

You have 107 SoD recruited
You are about to launch the final offensive against El Eal in Kooluk.

Is it correct so far?

Well those 2 points should be enough to recruit Snowe... and I also hope you haven't executetd him, 'cause if you did, he is dead and cannot be recruited anymore.
Luca

Post by Luca »

Yep as you said i'm exactly there. I've yet to enter the war room to launch the attack and the tipster @ mordo just sells me 100 potch crap :)

I've made sure i set him free for the past few times and i had scenes of him sailing away in a boat. First as a knight, then as a pirate. 8)

Really weird and fustrating indeed. :x