108 stars and Punishment rune

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
gradeAbra

108 stars and Punishment rune

Post by gradeAbra »

Well after i got 108 stars, isit true that the rune would not hurt Lazlo again? Or does the rune just hit him and do 0 dmg?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It stops hitting him.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Hmm... wow, I never noticed that.
promethez

Re: 108 stars and Punishment rune

Post by promethez »

hmm I got all 108 SODs but I have yet to enter the final dungeon. Apparently the ROP still damages lazlo!

edited: I realised you have to go to bed first after attempting to go into fort El-Eal.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Leknaat must give her whole 108 Stars speech first before the handicap is removed.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Well... Leknaat never makes much sense, so you have to decipher what she's saying half the time. She may be removing the handicap. She may not be removing the handicap. I could never tell.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Great topic. I never knew this was possible, though I think it contributes little especially for the limited areas you can visit... Right???
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

I personally dont think Leknaat has power over the true runes. She only has half of one herself.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

It's strange but even though I got all 108 stars and the speech from Leknaat, the ruin still hurts Lazlo in my game. (And no, it's not my bad memory because I just went back and tested it, lol). So I think the effect only takes place in Tactics.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Blutigengel wrote:It's strange but even though I got all 108 stars and the speech from Leknaat, the ruin still hurts Lazlo in my game. (And no, it's not my bad memory because I just went back and tested it, lol). So I think the effect only takes place in Tactics.
I'm pretty sure you're right (And you have a German nick-name so you can't lie :D)
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

I think the "mercy" of the Punishment rune is shown in the level 4 magic since it does huge damage and heals you.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

StalkerPizza wrote:I think the "mercy" of the Punishment rune is shown in the level 4 magic since it does huge damage and heals you.
Ah, makes sense. Still in Tactics that move is available AND it doesn't hurt him. Tactics redeemed Lazlo in many ways, lol.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

The blessing definitely applies in Suikoden 4. The level 1 and 2 spells do not hurt the hero. I'm not sure exactly what needs to take place, but it happens in S4, not just Tactics.

I'm right at the end of the game, so I can check on the other two spells in a couple of days, unless somebody already knows. The fourth spell normally doesn't hurt him, but it also doesn't heal him. I'll check and see if it starts to heal him as well after the blessing. The third spell has a chance to kill him. I'll also check that spell befoe and after for what it looks like.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Hmm, I only used the first two spells when I tested since I have always been afraid of dying from the third, and those 2 hurt him. The fourth spell works as you described though.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well it's not supposed to keep hurting Lazlo. after Leknaat visits the backfire should stop, and she only visits if you've recruited all 108.