Is there a bonus from giving your suikoden 3 saved game?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
hierokid54

Is there a bonus from giving your suikoden 3 saved game?

Post by hierokid54 »

topic
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Nope.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

There is no bonus because Suikoden IV does NOT accept any data from other games in the series.

And, ChristianSoldier, please refrain from single-word replies next time.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

patapi wrote:There is no bonus because Suikoden IV does NOT accept any data from other games in the series.

And, ChristianSoldier, please refrain from single-word replies next time.
Oh, sorry about that :oops: .

Anyway, to give a better answer, I would say that Konami didn't allow for transfer data because Suikoden IV is a prequel that is 150 years before Suikoden I. Therefore, it wouldn't make much sense to have bonus data for a Suikoden that is earlier than the 1st three games.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

i still wish you could have, all that work getting perfect data for all 3 games, only to not be able to use it. i would have settled for any bonus, it didnt even have to have anything to do with the others
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

What bonus could there have been?

I was just happy to learn how to pronounce Leknaat......

Suikoden II and III relied on past games for bonuses--since they were "history." To use those game saves for IV would have changed it to the "future." And Leknaat's comment about the Soul Eater and the future was enough.

However, from what I understand, Rhapsodia uses Suikoden IV's game save.
Playing Suikoden III......
Holywhippet

Re:

Post by Holywhippet »

Moonbay wrote:What bonus could there have been?

I was just happy to learn how to pronounce Leknaat......

Suikoden II and III relied on past games for bonuses--since they were "history." To use those game saves for IV would have changed it to the "future." And Leknaat's comment about the Soul Eater and the future was enough.

However, from what I understand, Rhapsodia uses Suikoden IV's game save.
If you want to be picky, in the very first game you travel back in time to just before Ted gets the soul eater rune. This is before the events of Suikoden IV so if you had Suikoden III data with Suikoden II and I data loaded they could make it react somehow.

But that's kind of grasping at straws, there's really not much they could do.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Is there a bonus from giving your suikoden 3 saved game?

Post by patapi »

With plenty of creativity, they could have easily implemented a number of interesting things by transferring Suikoden III saves (with carried over Suikoden and Suikoden II ones, too) into Suikoden IV if they wanted to. But regrettably they had no such intention from the get go.

Expecting something similar to McDohl or the plays might be a bit too much though.