Finding Dragons?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Rune Traverse

Finding Dragons?

Post by Rune Traverse »

I need help finding dragons - Levethian, Land Dragon, etc - to get Dragon Bones for the set and Magic Cancellers. I know there's one at the entrance to Warlock's lair, and I've encountered a few in the waters near the Treasure Hunt islands, but it was a random thing and I've never seen them again. Are there any specific places to go for dragons?
Potch is good. Lots of potch means equipment upgrades! ^^

Best question ever - Zwieg to Vicki, Suikoden V:
"How can you not know what country you're in?"

Oh, there are SO many reasons, Zwieg. *snerk*
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Just the places you just said.

Land Dragons can only be fought under Middleport and Leviathans are found in various places on the ocean.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

also just a hint
the monster that gives the rarest thing is the moving isle
I fought it and got a hanging scroll, which wa sworth 100,000
I kept it and hung it in my room 8)
Felicitycat

Post by Felicitycat »

Oh, you must mean the Land Shell near Middleport. Remember that most characters can't reach the darn thing though. Tal, Keneth, Paula, and Jewel, with their Knight Attack, do a good job of taking that thing out, although since you need all four of them, if that ink attack puts someone to sleep, that's it for a round, but it's not so hard that you have to worry. The Knight attack does a nice job, esp. if you equip things like Fury runes, Ogre sets, and Double-Strike runes. Or just put in characters like Ted, Jeane, and Maxine, and blast the thing with magic. The thing rarely drops a nice Hanging Scroll, but if you take out the tentacles too, you might get graffiti instead.

Leviathan can be found near Mountain Mass Island. There seems to be an area farther out from the island where it shows up more often. So you might want to go away from the island a bit instead of just circling the island. I may be wrong. The dragon seems a little rare, but you might luck out and get a bunch of them. I was looking for the Dragon Bone (or was it Dragon Scale?) too, so I could make a Magic Canceller too. It actually doesn't drop it very often, but it's about the only source for that item. Too bad...

Oh, and just so you know, you just might run into the Land Shell out there, too. I found an area away from Mountain Mass Island where they started showing up.

I thought that Land Dragon was a boss down in the Warlock quest area. Does it show up as a regular monster after you recruit him?
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes?
Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Isn't there a water dragon of some sort near Razril?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Rune Traverse

Post by Rune Traverse »

Yep, the Land Dragon reappears in the same place after you recruit Warlock - you just have to leave Middleport and then return. *laughs* Pain in the butt to get to, though, and it rarely drops the Dragon Bones. Since you need two of them per Magic Canceller, it sucks. *had amused herself in her last game by killing the Land Dragon about twenty times*

As for the Land Shell, the RoP and Soul Eater work well enough for me most of the time. Though I'm slowly learning how to mix and match the runes for better attacks.

Oooo, I'll try near Mountain Mass, then. That ought to be good for some potch, too - getting all the playable characters their best armor and level sixteen weapons isn't cheap. :D
Potch is good. Lots of potch means equipment upgrades! ^^

Best question ever - Zwieg to Vicki, Suikoden V:
"How can you not know what country you're in?"

Oh, there are SO many reasons, Zwieg. *snerk*
gildedtalon

Re: Finding Dragons?

Post by gildedtalon »

Never mind, collected the materials. Took a long time :wink:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account