pirate king shoes

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
amadeusx

pirate king shoes

Post by amadeusx »

i was looking for the pirate king shoes on the forums and read that you have to use net fishing around the nest of pirates. what i am wondering it is there throughout the game or after a specific point of the game you can't net it anymore. and another question is does the support skill "found treasure" affect anything with net fishing

thanks in advance
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

No, the support skill does not help with net fishing and you can net fish for the pirate king boots any point in the story before you attack for El-Eal.
I hope everything is going delicious.
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

thanks for the quick respond
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

hmm, I didn'y ever net fish much, but i did fish alot and caught alo of big fishes, even though you dont get a prize which made me mad. I think I shoould net fish and get all the cool stuff like Snowes costumes and all that stuff. :?
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

hehe yeah i got snow's noble costume i think a lot of decoration items but no luck with the PK shoes
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Ive spent hours on the pirate king shoes....

I could never find them

It dosent really matetr anyway since the pirate king set wont carry over to new game+
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

yeah i read about that but i would like to get the full set so i can use it on kika when i go to el-eal was gunna get guardian set for ted, PK set for kika, and hero set for snowe, and not sure what for hero. but oh wells probably just try it for another half hour if no luck i'll stick something else on kika.

EDIT: instead of making a new post. after the fight with the last boss "something tree" can you go back to your ship and unequip the stuff you want for NG+. if not whens the very last time you can
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You can de-equip your stuff before exiting Fort El-Eal after beating the final boss. This way, you can utilize sets like Ogre and Ninja without having to lose them in your new game plus.
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

oh yay! thanks

EDIT: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT :D found the PK shoes i'm so happy!
TheMaskedBishop

Re: pirate king shoes

Post by TheMaskedBishop »

How long did it take you? I'm looking for them now, no luck so far, but I've only had the net down for like 5 minutes hahah. I'm not very patient with this kinda stuff, esp. cause all my guys are too high a level for this shitty enemies. lmao.

EDIT: Also, is the PK set worth getting? I'm trying to equip it on my hero, I'm in the process of getting the Hero's set for Gretchen (mostly cause she can equip a shield) and I got the Magic set on Jeane, but I'm thinking of switching it to Ted. Any advice? Any other sets worthwhile to get?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

You don't have to sail around while net-fishing if you don't want to. You could set the net down, go back to the world screen, go do something else for a while, come back and pull it up and the net should be full. I usually give the Guardian set to Ted.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

As Chris said, it is a NEED for you not to move. Just set the net, explore then do nothing. Turn the channel and watch something and then after minutes, check the net.

And of course, PK set is worth getting! They're like one of the 2 Best equipments on SIV!!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
rdnggamer

Post by rdnggamer »

It took me 3 tries to get the PK shoes. It was worth the 30 minutes it took to get them. Now I have the full set. Note: I always put the PK set on Hero.
meyerjustine

Post by meyerjustine »

You just have to be more patient on searching for pirate king shoes. You need to go somewhere so you could find it. Do not give up at once. Things will come as you wish for.
Mr.Randy!

Post by Mr.Randy! »

I never tought of that.
im gonna go search
In depth HP ?
If you manage to get the hero's 100 % HP in Suikoden IV heres what it looks like :
LV 20 221/221
LV 60 541/541
LV 99 703/703