[FAQ] Stuck in Obel? Not sure what to do? READ BEFORE ASKING

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

[FAQ] Stuck in Obel? Not sure what to do? READ BEFORE ASKING

Post by Oppenheimer »

There is a common problem where after you defeat the Koolook fleet and hear about the Rune of Punishment there doesn't seem to be any way to advance the story.

There's a hidden objective, recruiting Cedric (or 2 other optional recruits, but this thread is about Cedric)

There are two different ways to recruit Cedric. The first:
- when you are recruiting people onto your ship while escaping from the island (the same time as when you're recruiting Dr. Yu) find Credric (large blonde hair boy) and recruit him

The other option:
- make sure Louise is not in your party (as support)
- stay at the inn in Obel and talk to people standing around outside
- learn that Cedric skipped out on paying his bill
- trigger various cut scenes showing him running away until you chase him all the way back to the cave/headquarters
- once in the headquarters talk to Louise (the bartender) and she should reveal that he's there

Now you should be able to go to the war room and continue the plot.

For more information you can visit/post in the following thread:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=3290

Last edited by Oppenheimer on Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

cool thanks for info
nocturne1337

Post by nocturne1337 »

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

been everywhere and finally found what to do!! i owe you a big one.
'and it was like knocking four quick times on the door of unhappieness'
misterkatsuhito

Re: Stuck in Obel? Not sure what to do? READ BEFORE ASKING!

Post by misterkatsuhito »

I've got a different problem about being stuck in Obel. Could you read my topic reguarding Perrault and please help if you can?
alice_in_pink

Post by alice_in_pink »

Oh my gosh. Thank you so much! I posted the question on gamespot.com and someone replied to it with this link. Lol. It's so helpful. I've been battling this problem for about a week (fifteen hours of game play) and it's been brutal. Just wanted to say thanks. ^^
ShakenMike

Post by ShakenMike »

Did I miss something at this part of the game?

I did follow the guide carefully.My last two charcters that I gotten are Mitsuba and Reinhold.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: [FAQ] Stuck in Obel? Not sure what to do? READ BEFORE AS

Post by Sasarai10 »

Now i'm here at this point after defeating 3rd Kooluk's fleet but this time i want to finish the game without any optional characters (except Ornan,since you need 1 optional character to trigger the scene with Lilin,i suppose...somebody please confirm this in the new thread i opened yesterday),so i don't want to recruit Cedric since he is optional.

But strange thing is,that i remember clearly that i've recruited Cedric with the 2nd way,during evacuating the citizens of Obel,7 years ago when i first played the game,and i didn't know that Reinhold,Mitsuba and Rita are actually early recruits. I just learned from here. So it seems that i've recruited Ornan and Perrault. So in order to proceed at this point you need 2 optional recruits or is there any other way,because i want to avoid optional characters as much as i can?
Pit-O-Matic

Post by Pit-O-Matic »

Oppenheimer wrote:There is a common problem where after you defeat the Koolook fleet and hear about the Rune of Punishment there doesn't seem to be any way to advance the story.

There's a hidden objective, recruiting Cedric.
Are you sure about that? Because I remember that one time I forgot to recruit him, and I was so angry after realizing it. (Couldn't recruit Rachel and needed to restart the whole game)
Or did they changed it in the PAL versions, so you could advance the story, without recruiting him?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Pit-O-Matic wrote:
Are you sure about that? Because I remember that one time I forgot to recruit him, and I was so angry after realizing it. (Couldn't recruit Rachel and needed to restart the whole game)
Or did they changed it in the PAL versions, so you could advance the story, without recruiting him?

Actually you need a minimum number of recruits in order to proceed.It doesn't mind if it's Cedric or not...i checked it out by myself. You have to get at least 2 optional characters in order to proceed...it doesn't matter who are they.

Well at least in PAL version...i don't know about the NTSC one
Pit-O-Matic

Post by Pit-O-Matic »

Ah thanks, that makes sense, since I always recruit Mitsuba and Reinhold early on.
I should play with a faqs the next time, I always have a tendency to miss this idiot...
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I updated the original post to include the point about the two other recruits.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I am stuck now here as well.

I also want to do a minimum recruit run until I meet Deborah to write down her lines that say where all recruits are waiting for me.

I recruited Ornan the moment it was possible and Cedric because both are missable recruits. But I still cannot advance the story beyond this point.

EDIT: Ok, I advanced. It simply skips the cutscene at your HQ, the other scene will be triggered when you go outside. This is just weird.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: [FAQ] Stuck in Obel? Not sure what to do? READ BEFORE ASKING

Post by Sasarai10 »

Just a question.

Do you have to recruit every citizen who's willing to go when you escape from Obel? I remember i forgot to recruit the man appearing in the docks. But I recruited Yu, who's supposed to be needed. This man first he says "Let me think about it.". And didn't recruit him. When I was heading back to the ship, Flare stopped me. So I wonder who among those citizens is needed or not.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

The recruitable SODs don't need to be recruited
Last edited by gildedtalon on Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think you need all the citizens for the evacuation.