Run Extremely Fast!

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Lionel

Run Extremely Fast!

Post by Lionel »

Well...I think u guys should actually know it already...But for those who don't...Then lemme tell ya how to do it...Its pretty simple...First,just run anywhere u like...and then...hold R1!!! Now Hero4 runs so fast like a sissy!!! This also works for boats...i was surprised at how fast Hero4 ran n i went to Fort El-Eal faster by 7+ hours!
Last edited by Lionel on Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hope you guys don't mind the ...'s ....oops...oopsies...oooooopsieeeeessss

I Am The Friend Of Caesar Silverberg...Lionel Carlsberg

That Cray bombed up my Town!!!! DANG IT!!!Luckily i kicked his butt...
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Yea it's the speed option in the game that i'm sure some people didn't know about. I discovered it like 4 hours into the game.
It will definitely save you a ton of time (hours, maybe days) especially on the long trips to Nay and Na-Nal before you get Viki. And still it will save you time through dungeons and various areas.
Strategy is the key to victory!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I discovered it immediatley, the ship was moving to slow so I pressed and held buttons to see if it could go faster and it did when I held r1

then I tried it on land too
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It says in the manual tht R1 is run/accelerate ship. At least it says it in the PAL version.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

*Sigh* If I knew that R1+running = sprint right at the start of Suikoden IV, it would have saved me a lot of time...

I was there on one of the earliest missions, out in the ocean, trying to get to Middleport from Razril but could not do it because the boat took forever to get here to there! Thankfully to these forums I found out the R1 speed up trick...although it isn't exactly a trick if it was written in the manual =.=" If only I took the extra few minutes to read it!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

lol, it never ceases to amaze me just how many people don't read the manual before playing games.
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

I read on the way home from the game shop at where I bought it. You just have to look through since you get a bit of background from the manual plus hot pictures of Jeane for personal alone time use ;)
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Before this turns into a bath conversation, The manual pages is in black and white and Jeane looks much better in the game in 3D. But at least half of the female characters in the game also barely wear any clothing.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

Yes but the manual is portable for those times in church and school.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

dont look at jeane when your in church!*points finger at son of studio*
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Sun of a Studio wrote:I read on the way home from the game shop at where I bought it.
I do that with every game I buy. It has saved me lots of time figuring out what buttons do what. I don't really like figuring out that part for myself. I also like how most manuals will give you some info on what happened to cause the events in the game. Read your manuals everyone!!!
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Sun of a Studio wrote:I read on the way home from the game shop at where I bought it.
Ditto, though I don't suggest this if you're the one driving.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I always read my manuals too, especially the story part
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

I didn't read the manual (because I got overexcited when the game arrived) and it took me forever to figure out some things, the sprint included.

Maybe I'll do that with Suikoden V and Rhapsodia... if I'm not too eager to play them.
[evil laugh here]
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Do we really need everyone responding telling us if they read the manual or not?