Ocean runes

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Seltaeb

Ocean runes

Post by Seltaeb »

Does anyone know where to find ocean runes. i need a couple for my ships.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Cast a net somewhere and go watch tv or something for like ten minutes (in the world map view), then check the net. Ocean runes are rare, so be patient.
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I have a question too. Is the number of Ocean Rune Pieces obtainable underwater infinite, or is there a limit?
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

I think there are an infinite amount of ocean rune pieces but as crowleys_apprentice said they are rare so they are harder to obtain.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Good. At least I'll have another purpose while hunting for them Dragon Scales.
Seltaeb

Post by Seltaeb »

thanks alot but how do i drop the net.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Shiramine can do that for you. He's in the Rear Deck across from the War Room on the 2nd deck.

In order to recruit Shiramine you must do the following: recruit Rita at the Inn of Na-nal, recruit Ugetsu at the Trading Center in Na-nal, talk to Ugetsu at the Rear Deck on your ship to recruit Shiramine. Ugetsu is also at the Rear Deck.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

The net is very very helpful because you also get an old book, antiques, paintings, ocean rune pieces, sardines, bonitos, crabs, some furniture and after recruiting Snowe you will be able to fish his outfits =>noble outfit, pirate outfit and his knight outfit.

have fun :)

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

sorry im still confused does the ship still move while your in the world map or does it just continue to pick things up with the net
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Ok this is how you proceed with the fishing net. You cast the net wherever you are. Then you can sail from Pirates' Nest to hmmm let's Nay Island. Then before you dock in you throw anchor and go to the netcaster. Then you will get the "harvest" :) And yeah, it doesn't matter what you do. You keep picking up stuff. But different fishies are in different regions lad :)

It's VERY VERY easy pal. Just cast the net and sail here and there.

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Also there are 5 ocean rune pieces in chests throughout the game (there's a treasure map with every single one of em too). For the exact locations, check my walkthrough.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
jonathan_priest

Re:

Post by jonathan_priest »

Pokerface wrote:Ok this is how you proceed with the fishing net. You cast the net wherever you are. Then you can sail from Pirates' Nest to hmmm let's Nay Island. Then before you dock in you throw anchor and go to the netcaster. Then you will get the "harvest" :) And yeah, it doesn't matter what you do. You keep picking up stuff. But different fishies are in different regions lad :)

It's VERY VERY easy pal. Just cast the net and sail here and there.

Pokerface
You don't even have to do that much. Go to Shiramine on the second floor deck. As already mentioned, the stairs leading up outside the War Room will take you to the read deck. Shiramine is the one on the right side. Just tell him to drop the net. Press the square button and depart, but don't move the ship, let it set stationary for 5-10 minutes, this will also save you from getting into about 30 freaking fights in this time frame. Anyway, use the Blinking Mirror, you'll teleport directly to Viki. As she's standing outside the rear deck entrance, it makes it quicker. Go up the stairs, tell Shiramine to pull the net and you'll find a whole ton of stuff.

I found its most useful to go near the location of large battles, such as the attack on Pirates Nest and so forth. Good luck.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
ForGreatJustice

Re: Ocean runes

Post by ForGreatJustice »

Just out of curiosity, does the Luck stats of your main or even your ship parties affect your catches? I've been using high luck chars like Chiepoo and Rita with my main party with 3 lucky rings each but I really don't see a difference in quality of items (mainly fishes). Any thoughts?
Magus Eternal

Re: Ocean runes

Post by Magus Eternal »

I think you can only get 20 Ocean Rune Pieces in the game. I do know you can only carry 20 in your inventory because if you use a codebreaker and give your self 19 and then open a chest you will have 20, but if you have 20 and try and open a chest the game will say you have too many like when you have 99 of a normal item. Of course with said codebreaker I could give myself 99 of them if I wanted and I do know you can put more than 20 on 1 ship.