Maxine battle

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
LillyXChris

Maxine battle

Post by LillyXChris »

Hey, i'm having trouble with the 2nd Maxine battle, the one at Stonecutter's Field. I currently have:

Hero (Rune of Punishment, Water)
Kika (Lightning, Falcon)
Keneth (Lightning, Medicine)
Viki (Blinking, Lightning)

Someone please help me!! I want to beat her so i can get her in Razril once it's been liberated!
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Viki has extremely low speed, as usual so it's advisable you not use her but if you're going to use a slow magician for this fight, use Jeane. It seems you're a big fan of Lightning magic, so she's up for the job. Replace Keneth with someone with high speed (Chiepoo, Nalkul or Hervey) and stick a Spark Rune to that character so that everyone else will attack after that person.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Also, Kika isn't very good with magic, so give her a Fury Rune if you have one. If not, just give her something to boost her STR, and not a rune with spells.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Okay i just tested with the party above and yes i lost :(

So now i have a new party. This is it.

Hero (RoP, Water)
Lino en Kuldes (Killer)
Sigurd (Water, Skunk)
Katarina (Lightning, Skunk)

Can anyone make this better? Coz if i lose again then i'll try this one:

Hero (RoP, Water)
Tal (Earth)
Jeane (Lightning, Charm)
Lino en Kuldes (Killer)

HELP PLEASE!! I NEED TO BEAT HER!
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You always choose slow party members. I gave the advice to use faster party members because once she hits you with Wind of Sleep, you're dead. Katarina's more adept at Fire magic so stick a Fire Rune on her (I assume you don't have a Rage Rune yet, unless you've already recruited Rene). Sigurd's the fastest member you have there, so if you can, attach a Spark Rune to him and have him do a regular attack so that everyone will act following him. If at least two members survive Wind of Sleep, you'll have no problem.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

If you still have problems just wait until
*Spoiler*
<

<

<

<

<
You recruit Ted; his Soul Eater can finish this battle in a jiffy.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Toon Maha Vailo

Post by Toon Maha Vailo »

Personally, I used my team and had no trouble with her. From what I remember, they were all in the high 30s, early 40s level wise and consisted of:

Mizuki - she's very fast, load her down with strength and speed rings and her Shrike rune will do decent damage. I also gave her a water rune for fast healing.

Hero - Punishment/Water. I gave him a water rune as he can act as a 2nd healer. The rune of Punishment mostly gives out damage so this was a good balance.

Chiepoo - Earth and Slash. The slash was for weak enemies. Earth has Vengeful Child which can protect from from her devastating wind magic.

I can't remember who my fourth member was. Try using those wind amulets (is that the name?) or such accessories that make you more resistant to wind magic or up your magic defense.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Oh, yeah. Mizuki. I totally forgot her. Make use of the Ninja ATK. If you have Kate, use her too. She owns with a Fire/Rage Rune, and she's a fast mage too.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

I beat Maxine 2 with lvl 9 weapons, and at about lvl 33 before getting Kika

Hero - Fire/Punishment Runes
Lino - Killer Rune
Jeane - Thunder, Charm Runes
Paula - Thunder, Water Runs

(Note: I chose Paula and Tal instead of Jewel and Kenneth at the beginning, so they are the ones with me at this point)
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

It's been awhile since I beat Maxine for the second time. I'm fairly sure my party consisted of the hero with the killer rune, Chiepoo with the earth and water rune, Mizuki with the killer rune and Kate with the fire and killer rune. Just started the battle with Chiepoo and Kate combining their level 4 magic, the hero using the level 1 rune of punishment spell and Mizuki using the shrike rune. On the second turn, the hero and Mizuki would do the same thing again, Chiepoo would attack and Kate would use the next best fire rune spell.

It was a quick battle. Chiepoo had the water rune just incase something went wrong.
mr.dracula

Post by mr.dracula »

excuse me guys.. bur where can i find stonecutters field?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

mr.dracula wrote:excuse me guys.. bur where can i find stonecutters field?
its the path that leads to the bridge where you recruit viki, just go to nay and take the right path instead of going in the human settlement
Guard

Re: Maxine battle

Post by Guard »

man...if u have Ted you will win all the battles, i've alredy have the 108 SoD but if you don't have him just try Kika lvl 11 wpn and give a Rage Rune for Hervey and use him..
--------
my party for the final battle: Hero-lightning lvl 4, yes i got it.and killer rune(3xpower rings)
Snowe:-double striker rune - killer rune (3xpower rings)
Hervey:Rage Rune lvl 4 - Slash Rune - (2xSpeed Rings and 1 power ring)
Ted - with the best rune Soul Eater- Prosperity Rune (3xSpeed Rings)

LoL-Hero and Snowe with this runes and rings i give 3.000-3.500 in the enemies, the game is so easy....
Hubert Cumberdale

Post by Hubert Cumberdale »

I actually just did this battle an hour ago. I didn't have too much trouble with my party (levels were mid 30s).

Hero (RoP, Wind)
Jeane (Charm, Lightning, Fire)
Sigurd (don't even think I had any runes on him yet)
Kika (Falcon, Killer)

I lost Jeane when Maxine hit me with her level 4 Wind spell (Funeral Wind?). Basically I had Sigurd attacking/using Mega Medicine and/or Jizo Clocks, Kika using her Falcon Rune and my Hero using Eternal Ordeal. Took me 4-5 rounds I believe. Weapons were sharpened to level 8 except for Jeane.
Wolf? I'm not a wolf, I'm Viki.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I suggest you level up some more.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco