Game stoppingly stuck (Cedric Issue)

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Lexxuk

Game stoppingly stuck (Cedric Issue)

Post by Lexxuk »

I am at the stage where I beat the 3 people send to kill me, we go to the king, he tells them about the rune, they join there is then a sea battle, I use the rune, the king says " i'm sorry" followed by sea battle, then collapse, the weird tunnel thing where I meet the pirate. Wake up in my room with the cat and 2 other people. And thats it, I cant advance, I read the guide there is supposed to be a cut scene when I head towards the saloon, but there isnt. I've tried running around like a headless chicken, ran into town, talked to everyone, done it solo, in a party, but it wont move on from this spot and i cant get a cut scene.

The elevator guy is missing from outside, the kings palace is empty, I'm totally and utterly stuck, what am I doing wrong?
Clive580

Post by Clive580 »

have you tried to go to the war room? If not try it then
Zincbrain is my name an IQ of 500 is my game
Lexxuk

Post by Lexxuk »

aye, went war room, empty. when i first leave the bedroom, there are no people outside it, nor outside the war room, when i zone back in from the saloon though, there are people there, its very frustrating not being able to advance in the game
Orko

Post by Orko »

I have the same problem here, been trying to advance the game for hours now.
Mr Fitcher

Post by Mr Fitcher »

Try go to saloon from 2f door.
Wise man think before they act.
I'm not wise man.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I hope you have another save from before that event.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Talk to Desmond, then talk to the guard at the docks and he'll permit you to use the ship.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue May 13, 2008 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexxuk

Post by Lexxuk »

talked to desmond "can i help you?" change party/no thanks

ship guy, exactly the same "sorry you need permission" the story has stopped, the games stopped and wont continue from the point.

restarting the game isnt an option, there is no guarantee the same thing wont happen again when i get to that point, and no previous saves either.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Have you tried going to the ruins?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Yeah I think you should go to the ruins, unless you met Ragki and Rikie already.
Akamaruu

Hmm...

Post by Akamaruu »

Hmm... your problem, I think I remember that. Only trouble is, I can't remember what I did...

Try the war room again...? :?
Hm. Yes.
Lexxuk

Post by Lexxuk »

tried all of them and it till wont advance from there, talked to every npc from the docks, the town and the castle and nothing, maybe my copy actually is bugged :(
Alucir

Post by Alucir »

Do you have Cedric? If not go the Inn and try to stay but instead of staying you should chase Cedric back to the HQ.
silee

Post by silee »

OMG, the Cedric thing works!

What in the WORLD, would EVER prompt me to stay at the inn when I have a FREE room at the HQ?! Especially after I am completely rested and have fought NOTHING and can't go anywhere? Unbelieveable! I wasted hours of my life trying to figure this out and ignored the Cedric advice cuz I thought it was too ridiculous or was a different part of the game. Boy was I wrong.

Oh yeah, after you see the short scene at the inn, don't forget to talk to the woman standing close by the inn or else you'll have no idea where to go. Then go up the stairs to the garden, then over to the cliff path.

AND, you get rewarded for all your useless running around by now running super fast. What an infuriating game!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes it seems Cedric is required but is hidden, since you really never need to visit that inn at Obel, and nobody even hints that he exists. methinks that it's just another poor decision made by konami.