Kika's Falcon Attack

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Kika's Falcon Attack

Post by KFCrispy »

Kika's Falcon Attack (which supposedly does approximately 3x dmg...) seems different than other Rune Attacks.

first of all, it doesn't start the same way--Mizuki and Reinbach's rune atks are treated like spells; they use a "cast magic" animation.

secondly, the Falcon Attack seems to go for multiple hits and it is NOT consistent. sometimes you'll see numbers following one after another immediately, other times you'll see some blank space before another number appears. this leads me to believe that the attack is a multi-strike attempt with a miss rate--what might this miss rate be? maybe just based on her skill, or perhaps it follows a "-10% miss rate" like in Suikoden 2, which might mean for any target she gets 9/10 hits but that's not the case i've seen... i am guessing it's -10% based on her Skill OR just based on her Skill, since there is no mention of a miss rate in this game.

while all hits do approximately the same amount of damage, which seems to be 1/4 of her total standard atk (i add up both sword swings). the last attack always looks like it does 1/2 (double the previous numbers) of her normal atk. if the attack does UP TO 3x, then i can deduce that she attempts 11 strikes total, the last being a (definite hit?) "special" or "critical (compared to her other strikes)" 1/2x, others are 1/4x.
.5 + 10*.25 = 3.0
she does miss though so it is not always 3.0x

lastly, her Falcon Atk still leaves the elemental dmg animation if she has an element on her wpn, so it is very much treated like a regular attack..
Ginzo

Post by Ginzo »

This is infact very much indeed true

Her attacks does seem to do 1/4 her attack each hit

And she does deliver a strong final hit maybe close to 1/2 her attack power

about the miss percentage though ... well .... It doesn't seem fit somehow

I don't know how to explain this but if take in count that she has to do x3

damage .. missing a hit or two just wont do it
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well what i am proposing is that she DOESN'T ALWAYS do 3x damage. it's treated as a multi-attack attempt that allows misses.

however, some of our tests that concluded it definitely does around 3x were done on a large Dragon, and the Dragon probably has poor evade, plus Kika has high skill.
Mad_Lucied99

Post by Mad_Lucied99 »

My kika can kill the Land Dragon by using Falcon Rune.....She has Ogre set, and doublestrike rune.
Beat suiko I, II, IV, and V......
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

.. that's great..
Menelquar

Post by Menelquar »

If I had Kika with Double Strike and an Ogre Set would the damage be 3.5 tripled? The numbers on my TV are blurry...so I can't tell.

-Menelquar
"Failure is the key to success; Each mistake teaches us something." -Morihei Ueshiba, Founder of Aikido
Mad_Lucied99

Post by Mad_Lucied99 »

Menelquar wrote:If I had Kika with Double Strike and an Ogre Set would the damage be 3.5 tripled? The numbers on my TV are blurry...so I can't tell.

-Menelquar

I don't know, maybe or more than that....just imagine how many life points the Land Dragon has....I think his life points is around 5,000.
Beat suiko I, II, IV, and V......
silvershadow27

Post by silvershadow27 »

Here's my guess why no-one can see how much Kika's Falcon Rune damagecan do ( most obv but I've tried it on no fewer than 10 occasions, Shoddy camera views, apparently it does about 200dmg! Something isn't right judging by Konami's crappy homework!!! )
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Well, it looks low because the number you see is one of several (is it 10?) hits that the Falcon Rune inflicts. The numbers fly by very quickly, making it blurry and hard to read. I've only read the number once, but apparently kfcrispy has had better luck than I :)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

like i said, i can't count the amt of hits it does but i deduce it based on our assumptions on the numbers and my observations i've made on how much dmg she does compared to her total attack value. i actually haven't really factored in defense, but that's because most of my testing was done on the weaker reinhold challenges, where the enemies have little defense anyways.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Do you have the Suikoden IV guide? You can test on a fairly strong enemy, that has a little less HP than you would calculate her to inflict with it. If it dies....there you go....
tactless

Post by tactless »

man,this is such a pain -__-
they should had done like in rhapsodia,show the total damage inflicted instead off all those numbers flying around....on the other hand,it kinda makes me happy to see sooo many numbers in screen :P
"Whoa! I can´t wait to learn the art of dozzing off at my feet!" - Nalleo
jonathan_priest

Re: Kika's Falcon Attack

Post by jonathan_priest »

Actually, I think its interesting how different Falcon Rune users can exhibit different uses of the attack. Look at Belcoot who did one massive strike and was unbalanced for a turn. Kika's reminded me a lot of Valeria's use of the rune, and I think even Anita had a different use that that. I'm drawing a blank but was there a falcon rune in the third game?

Anyway, I just thought it was neat how the different people seemed to have different affinities with the rune.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
tactless

Post by tactless »

yeah,actually it is.even if it´s supposed to be the same fighting style,they all used it in their own way
"Whoa! I can´t wait to learn the art of dozzing off at my feet!" - Nalleo
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

jonathan_priest wrote:I'm drawing a blank but was there a falcon rune in the third game?
I think the falcon rune was replaced with the phoniex rune that Chris had. I mean it's the closest thing u can get to "falcon" in 3.

If im wrong someone tell me.
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members