Strange Codebreaker Rune

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
blank

Post by blank »

yuber XIV, how did you use the evil-purifying rune???
i have it and so far i wasnt able to use it..
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

I can't use it either. that's why i started this in the first place.
LaLaLaVinCE

Post by LaLaLaVinCE »

guys, what actually an evil-purifying rune is???does it have any unknown power? :lol:
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

LaLaLaVinCE wrote:guys, what actually an evil-purifying rune is???does it have any unknown power? :lol:
They said it works like the Resurrection Rune, but I don't anyone ever saw it work.
blank

Post by blank »

Yes it DOESNT work, though the spells might have been too powerfull such as: Rebuke, Spirit-yell, Purify-evil and Below.. its sad i cannot see the runes animation..sob
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

Yeah.....Though I still think The animation Is best in Suikoden II. Just really powerful animation in it. The Charm Arrow attack is probably my favorite...Compared to the past Suikoden Spells, I don't think The Evil-Purifying Rune Would Cut it.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Can you see the descriptions for the spells of the rune? I'm curious as to what those spells do.
blank

Post by blank »

highwind44029 wrote:Can you see the descriptions for the spells of the rune? I'm curious as to what those spells do.
no, we cannot see the spells description, the rune is highlited red..sob

but i saw someone posted the description of the spells, i think he got it from cmgsccc's forum..
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Strange Codebreaker Rune

Post by KFCrispy »

i've yet to try using codebreaker codes for Suikoden IV but i picked up an old save and have been replaying the game and will try to find out as much as i can get (maybe only description or they might be 'red' as mentioned for Resurrection, but hey...)..
0F - Gale Rune
11 - Evil-Purifying Rune
12 - Hawk Rune - will stick it on an archer...
1F - Wall Rune
20 - Rune Of Balance - as mentioned earlier, if this prevents unbalance it doesn't do squat in this game because nothing gets unbalanced to my knowledge.
Magus Eternal

Re: Strange Codebreaker Rune

Post by Magus Eternal »

KFCrispy wrote:i've yet to try using codebreaker codes for Suikoden IV but i picked up an old save and have been replaying the game and will try to find out as much as i can get (maybe only description or they might be 'red' as mentioned for Resurrection, but hey...)..
0F - Gale Rune
11 - Evil-Purifying Rune
12 - Hawk Rune - will stick it on an archer...
1F - Wall Rune
20 - Rune Of Balance - as mentioned earlier, if this prevents unbalance it doesn't do squat in this game because nothing gets unbalanced to my knowledge.
The Gale Rune works perfectly fine and you can remove it and it is put in your inventory. I don't know if the Gale Rune will carry over however in New Game+.

I know the Evil-Purifying Rune and the Hawk Rune do not work (They both appear as red) and they both can't be removed (They are grayed out).

The Rune of Balance is also grayed out and can't be removed. Also like you said there is just no way of checking to see if it works.

As for the Wall Rune it isn't grayed out, but you can't remove it just the same. Also I didn't see any defense boost either with it (But I didn't see the boost with the Gale Rune until I removed it and attached it to another person). So for runes that boost stats you have to actually attach it, but I don't think the Wall Rune can be put in your inventory.