finding Ghost Ship(formerly "I can't find it ;_; (spoil

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
zepheros

finding Ghost Ship(formerly "I can't find it ;_; (spoil

Post by zepheros »

When I was doing the Ted subquest I accidently left before I was done. I was just about to give up hope of being able to reenter and start my game over when I noticed the 108 stars guide on this site says the fog ship appears somewhere on the world map if you left it after the first scene. Anyone know exactly where that is? I don't really want to sail around the entire map looking for one little ship. :(

edit by KFCrispy: changed subject
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

Uh, doesn't it also say that you cannot recruit Ted after liberating Obel? If you missed it, try not to liberate Obel first. But be careful, cause the Fog Ship event is close to the Obel liberation event.
son_michael

should keep multiple files

Post by son_michael »

thats why i always keep multtiple save files

so something like that could never happen
Resk

Post by Resk »

The Fog Ship is available before liberating Razril. The scene begins automatically when you enter the War Room after getting Na-Nal's supprot with The Rush. However, once boarding the ship, you must play it through to the end, obtain Ted, and then leave. If you leave before aquiring Ted, then you (will have to wait till New Game+ in order to get him. The Fog Ship (as I've seen thus far) is a one time only event.
As the warlock said in the end, even if another age of storms buffets the world, I intend to go on living, and fighting, for you who saved me from the darkness, the one I love!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You can find the Fog Ship on the world map after leaving.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zepheros

Post by zepheros »

Jowy, that thoroughly and completely doesn't answer my question in the slightest. :)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I was correcting Resk.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Resk wrote:The Fog Ship is available before liberating Razril. The scene begins automatically when you enter the War Room after getting Na-Nal's supprot with The Rush. However, once boarding the ship, you must play it through to the end, obtain Ted, and then leave. If you leave before aquiring Ted, then you (will have to wait till New Game+ in order to get him. The Fog Ship (as I've seen thus far) is a one time only event.
The time limit is the liberation of Obel, actually. And, no, you can reenter the Fog Ship if you 'accidentally' left it. You can bump into it again by sailing on the world map. Its new location is not fixed but it's definitely somewhere on the sea as long as you are not past Obel. Look for a thick fog.
Resk

Post by Resk »

Jowy Atreides wrote:You can do the Fog Ship Quest multiple times. I've done it this way myself.
I stand corrected then ^_^ Just figured it seemed like a one-time only event type thing.....
patapi wrote:
The time limit is the liberation of Obel, actually.
Then how did I have Ted in my party when liberating Razril? ;)
As the warlock said in the end, even if another age of storms buffets the world, I intend to go on living, and fighting, for you who saved me from the darkness, the one I love!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Because you can get Ted anytime after getting 70 recruits but before liberation of Obel.

There's no mention anywhere that you can't get him before Razril. Or Na-Nal, Middleport or any other islands.
Resk

Post by Resk »

True, but notice in my first post I said 'is available before' not 'must get before.' I didn't mention a time limit anywhere, so my first post wasn't wrong as you implied.
KoboldsRule

Post by KoboldsRule »

patapi wrote:The time limit is the liberation of Obel, actually. And, no, you can reenter the Fog Ship if you 'accidentally' left it. You can bump into it again by sailing on the world map. Its new location is not fixed but it's definitely somewhere on the sea as long as you are not past Obel. Look for a thick fog.

Thick fog on the chart map, or on the sea? Can you see it from the overhead perspective? Also, does it show up on the compass as a white circle? I haven't looked for the ship - I haven't left before freeing the captive - but I'd like to know just in case.
<tba>
twilightwolf432

Post by twilightwolf432 »

I have an idea, I never actually excited the ship before, but I don't know if this works. About the look for thick fog thing, I believe looking around Iluya would work, since Iluya is covered in fog.
~*~tachisukumu koe mo naku ikite yuku eien ni~*~
Carl

Post by Carl »

......Konami said that the Ted Sub-event is one time only...miss it the first time and you wont see it again. I do hope that you can see the fog ship again though......but I certainly havent seen any fog on the world map.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I know that you can find the Fog Ship on the world map because I've done so myself. The Fog Ship tends to appear around Iluya, but it has been seen in a few other places.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.