finding Ghost Ship(formerly "I can't find it ;_; (spoil

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

according to people who have re-found the ship after leaving, the ship appears between the Deserted Island and a corner of the map (towards towns, but i think someone said between Deserted and Mountain Island as well). so try those 4 routes first.

Jowy, what do you mean you've done the Quest multiple times? like.... finishing it (ship is supposed to disappear), finding the ship again, and fighting the boss (supposed to have been eaten by Soul Eater or something).. again????
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I meant to say that I had found the Fog Ship multiple times, sorry.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Jowy Atreides wrote:When and where did Konami say that
In the official strategy guide.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Konami does not write the strategy guides, and the Suikoden IV guide is known to be incorrect in multiple instances.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

Carl wrote:......Konami said that the Ted Sub-event is one time only...miss it the first time and you wont see it again. I do hope that you can see the fog ship again though......but I certainly havent seen any fog on the world map.
look for a place where there are lots of mist/fog.. likely the fogship will be there.
Theswarms

Post by Theswarms »

Well this is what I learned and havn't seen mentioned yet.
Firstly the ghost ship is represented at a distance by two glowing yellow-orange lights. These are easiest to see in the fog near Illuya. As far as i could tell they can be seen at any distance from the ship so just look around a bit until you see them.
The second thing i learned is that if you go off the world map (say to rest on your ship) the ghost ship will move position, even if your right in front of it.
SunshineJay

Post by SunshineJay »

When it says BEFORE liberating obel, does that mean if you talk to the people to go do it, you can't get ted, (like going into the war room) or does it mean, AFTER you've actually done it.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

it means dont return to obel{liberate it} unless you got ted otherwise you wont be able to find the fog ship and recruit ted

simple no? when you get your ship, thats when you know that the next time you go to obel, it will be to liberate it so if your not gonna use a guide then just keep saving and when you think everything right just go to the fog ship and save and beat it and then you can return to obel
SunshineJay

Post by SunshineJay »

son_michael wrote:it means dont return to obel{liberate it} unless you got ted otherwise you wont be able to find the fog ship and recruit ted

simple no? when you get your ship, thats when you know that the next time you go to obel, it will be to liberate it so if your not gonna use a guide then just keep saving and when you think everything right just go to the fog ship and save and beat it and then you can return to obel
Your a bit late. -Hugs ted- I found it near the deserted island, and there was like an opal-y thing on the compus and I saw this kinda flag in the distence. ^^ Thanks for the help though.
Lionel

Post by Lionel »

I thought u could only recruit Ted before liberating Obel and having about 61 Stars Of Destiny?
And i didn't know about finding the fog ship all over again just because theres fog or smth...u might as well complete it...i completed it really fast...despite the long distances...Well...If u guys never heard of the speed option(wadeva its called)then see my topic...u could complete real fast...
I hope you guys don't mind the ...'s ....oops...oopsies...oooooopsieeeeessss

I Am The Friend Of Caesar Silverberg...Lionel Carlsberg

That Cray bombed up my Town!!!! DANG IT!!!Luckily i kicked his butt...
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

It seems to me that the fog ship is represented at a distance, actually by a cylindrical red section of fog. Perhaps my TV settings are just different than whoever said green and yellow.

The position of the fog ship moves every time you anchor your ship. For instance, I saw it just outside the Deserted Island. I anchored to level up Lino en Kuldes' weapon, and when I came back out, it was nowhere to be seen. Further searching revealed it was in the direction of Mountain Mass Island (the red cylinder was visible from just outside the Deserted Island). I went towards it, and when very close to it, I anchored again to level up Lino's weapon again (I hadn't used Lino much before that point and knew I had to keep his wpn level up to par to survive the ship. I didn't have that much money, so I was using this money I was getting from the random battles whilesearching for the fog ship to incrementally get him back to normal strength), and when I departed again, it was gone. Searching more revealed it was in the direction of Na-Nal. That time I entered.

So I saw it three times, one just outside the Deserted Island, one about 1/3 of the way inbetween Deserted Island and Mountain Mass Island, and one about halfway between Deserted Island and Na-Nal. The fog is visible a LONG ways off. I was still west of the Deserted Island, and saw the fog that was halfway between Deserted Island and Na-Nal.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

How come you guys didn't just get Ted the first time around since you'll be forced onto the ship anyway?
I can understand if the enemies are too hard at first but there's medicine, food, and jizo clocks for you to use.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Mr.Randy!

Re: finding Ghost Ship(formerly "I can't find it ;_; (spoil

Post by Mr.Randy! »

I wanted to temper Lino's weapon.
Then it was gone, still searching for it.
EDIT:
Yay I found it near deserted island !
In depth HP ?
If you manage to get the hero's 100 % HP in Suikoden IV heres what it looks like :
LV 20 221/221
LV 60 541/541
LV 99 703/703