Permanent Character Death

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

SARSadmin wrote:How can Lulu turn red? He's not even a star!
Hah? He is! I got Lulu and Jimba turn red in the tablet of stars. Or does it have something to do with your Flame Champion's Successor, cause I chose Hugo.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Um..... Jimba and Yun die by plot. Lulu is cold in the ground by the time you even start collecting the 108.
Crom_Cruithne

Post by Crom_Cruithne »

You guys are quite right, I stand corrected. I was thinking Lulu was listed as a star. You actually got use him for a while as opposed to the involvement Yun actually has with the group.

-Crom
Stabbity Death!!
-Black Mage, 8Bit Theatre
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

Hmph. Maybe my eyes deceive me. Well, it's starting to off topic...
dgbbad

Post by dgbbad »

a strange thing happened to me....my luc died in a major battle in suikoden II....yet he was alive in suikoden III.....lol.....strange isnt it...
im sitting here....playin suikoden II and posting on here....cant beat that.....
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Luc dying in the major battles in S1 and S2 is a gameplay element and does not affect the storyine whatsoever. Plotwise all of the SoDs live, except for Kiba, Yun, Jimba, Luc and Sarah.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowe

Post by Snowe »

Izak died in the last major naval battle, does this mean that I won't get the perfect ending.
Akamaruu

Post by Akamaruu »

Fists Of Protocol wrote:I managed to kill Flik in 2...thankfully he's too plot related to die permanantly.

Luc is probably the easiest to kill off in war battles in 1 and 2...ironically, he's the toughest to kill in 3.

I lost ships in war battles in 4, but noone died permanantely.
You can kill Luc? Wow... I thought with all that stuff about dealing with Sasari, he wouldn't be able to die... he seems a bit story-related...

I know that Adlai can die. Many times have I had that pleasure. :P

Someone I know said Maximillian died for them, which I have no reason not to believe, and I'm guessing Gilbert can go too... can Hanna? She doesn't do much/anything, but she's playable... oh well...

I only kill them on purpose! I'm not that bad a player! :D

EDIT: Chances are it's too late now, but if somebody dies, just reset. It got me through Fire Emblem. :P
Hm. Yes.
Asmodeus Dark

Post by Asmodeus Dark »

You can chop Snowes head off, can't you? Nuff' said. :roll: 8)
Red rune

Re: Permanent Character Death

Post by Red rune »

this seems a bit out of topic, but Izak looks similar to Lepant,

as for the character death, i couldnt play as capoo for some reason when he lodt in a naval battle, good thin i save
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
Chaco

Re: Permanent Character Death

Post by Chaco »

You can permanently lose characters in all 5 suikodens. it is the most easy to lose someone in Suikoden 1 and hardest in Suikoden 4, with me anyway. I found it hard to permanently lose people in Suikoden 3 and 5 as well. Suikoden 2 its pretty easy to lose characters if your not careful.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco