[FAQ] Your copy of the game IS NOT BUGGED

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
billybunny
Elite Member

[FAQ] Your copy of the game IS NOT BUGGED

Post by billybunny »

When something doesn't happen exactly as a FAQ says that it should happen, or when you can't recruit a certain character, or you can't figure out what to do next, that does not mean that your copy of the game is bugged. It is not the game's fault, it is your fault.

Some common solutions to problems that people often have in this game:

Your ship will drift when you try to sail it too close to land. It will be pushed away from said land. In order to dock, you must head directly into the town--if you do it wrong, you'll be pushed away. Back up and try again.

Also, during certain points of the game, you will not be allowed to explore the map. Going off a certain path will push you back onto that path. You will be allowed to explore later.

If you cannot figure out what to do to move the story along, these are common solutions:

If there is an island marked with a blue flag on your chart screen, go to it.

Sleep in your room on HQ. Go into the war room on HQ. Speak to Lino En Culdes, Eleanor, or anyone else who gets a lot of dialog.

If you can't find a certain item through random battles, fishing, or any other of the means to find items, your game is not bugged. It is random chance. You're just not particularly lucky.

If you can't figure out what to do on the deserted island, look at the portraits of your characters. If they are black and white instead of their normal pictures, reset your game. You chose to stay on the island instead of trying to go home, which means that your characters will never get off the island. There is no way to get off the island other than to reset your game and select the correct option when given the choice.

It really pisses me off to see people blame a game's "bugs" for things that they would be able to get past with just a little common sense. Well, except for the desert island thing, that was mean of the developers. But there's already a thread for that.
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

Bah! its the games fault all right and dont deney it anymore :twisted:
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

And if you can't recruit someone by teleporting to the town they're in, exit and re-enter with the ship. That triggers a LOT of them.
Purr.
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

YubersNightRune wrote:Bah! its the games fault all right and dont deney it anymore :twisted:
lol thats funny :lol:

Yes it is the game fault they should pay for our mistakes blame it on them!!!
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yeah,this has been pissing me off alot when people whine about something because it's not going their way and say its the games fault because they couldn't figure out how to do something. I know I've had a bit of problems recruiting/finding items/whatever but I never blamed it on the game. Besides, people should really think before they saomething like that. If you're having the problem but no one else is having the problem you shouldn't say that it's bugged, because if one game is bugged more than likely a lot more of them would have been bugged and Konami would've released a statement concerning it, but hey, whens the last time you've met a human that can think for themselves :wink:
I hope everything is going delicious.
WatcherZero

Post by WatcherZero »

How about this as a possible Bug? Playing the Rummikube variant game, had 24,000 potch, soft reset because i lost, reloaded my saved game and i had 32,768 potch which as people should know is a significant number.
Petrograd

Post by Petrograd »

Agreed, that would be 1 000 000 000 000 000 in binary.
WatcherZero

Post by WatcherZero »

Or a maxed out memory address.

Guess it for some reason didnt reload the potch i had from the save game and instead wrongly used the temprary one from the game, cocked up and gave me a maxed out memory adress.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wait soft reset?

you cant soft reset.... square enix has nothing to do with this game
Usesnumbers

Post by Usesnumbers »

son_michael wrote:wait soft reset?

correct me if I am wrong but I do not think square enix is the only company to allow you have soft boots........ I actually have soft booted many a non square soft/enix games......
Deconstr
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote:wait soft reset?

Hah. I know its pointless in me saying so, but that tickled my funny bone so to speak.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

soft reset is only in square soft games

soft reset=start,select,r1,r2,L1,L2, if you reset it that way then its from square soft and its 1 of there games

if you reset it other than pressing the power button or reset button and its not from square soft then ive never heard of that before and id be very interested to know how to do it.
xx TOXiC xx

Post by xx TOXiC xx »

I actually soft rested in Dynasty Warriors I believe... I don't think square-enix made that...
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I swear to God there's a soft reset in Suikoden II and Suikoden III.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Well thats news to me

you do it the same way as final fantasy?

i know suikoden 4 dosent have it cause i tried and then realized it wasnt a square soft title {it didnt work when i tried}

as for other games having that

maybe square is selling the rights to do that or maybe other companys are stealing it

or square didnt put a copy right or something

either way im gonna start checking my ps2 games to see what soft resets

very interesting indeed