[FAQ] Just to be sure: I can't load an S3 saved game?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

lucreborn wrote:I dont care what anyone says lol viki has a True rune.
No she doesn't, that's a fact, please play again.
Purr.
blank

Post by blank »

and how about jeane??????
shes also in 4... and 4 took place 150 yrs. since 1 right....
.. .. .. ..true rune perhaps???????
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Nope, Jeane doesn't have a True Rune. That has been stated at least a hundred times here. Konami has officially stated that Jeane's apparent agelessness does not stem from a True Rune. There's a whole thread based on speculations about Jeane and Viki here on this forum.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I've noticed something. I've started to re-play Suikoden I, and when I saw Viki, she said "Where am I? The Empire? Which one? Oh, gosh. Almost the other side" or something like that, which led me to think that maybe she did come from IV to I, although it's also possible that another empire existed between the events of Suikoden IV and Suikoden I.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Ummm--ever notice Viki seems to disappear during dinner? She drinks, burps, and blinks away.

So, her time could be REALLY messed up.

And let's not forget little Viki.....

But, back on topic:

I think having the option to load SIII data would have been pointless. Unless you wanted the whole hokey: "I see in the future...."
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Doesn't Viki and litle Viki appear in a suikogaiden.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

This is an outrage!
A. How are you gonna data transfer suikoden 3 and 4 into 5?

B. Just cause it's set way back before suikoden 1 is NO excuse. Cause there are returning characters like Viki, Jeane and Ted.
Also people with True Runes can envision some parts of the future, they could have done something with that!

Arrgggg.... oh well, starting to play this game for the first time... here I go...
Strategy is the key to victory!
Ted_85

Re:

Post by Ted_85 »

demon eye wrote:Umm, the Dragon Rune, Beast Rune, Sovereign Rune, Night Rune and Blue Moon Rune seem to have no lesser rune, so I'd say that it probably isn't safe to assume that all True Runes have a lesser rune. Also, we have not seen a possible lesser rune for the Rune of Punishment.
Yes we did, in Suikoden 2. The "Darkness Rune". Buy it in south window after Greenhill.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Just to be sure: I can't load an S3 saved game?

Post by KFCrispy »

Ted_85, so what are the lesser runes for the Dragon Rune, Beast Rune, and Sovereign Rune? you didn't make any point whatsoever. Just because the a couple True Runes have lesser "gameplay" runes doesn't mean the rest do.
Ledah

Post by Ledah »

hey there, i was about to ask the same thing o.o, i finished the S3 game but i couldnt (i know it's wrong x.x') load my save,i just finished luc pov and them star play S4 and... the word's i remenber i said was "W.T.F?" them i just start whitout the save.i'm about lv 38 now in obel ruins.

PS: it's common to up that much of level in about just 4 hours of game? o.o
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Re:

Post by patapi »

Ted_85 wrote:
demon eye wrote:Umm, the Dragon Rune, Beast Rune, Sovereign Rune, Night Rune and Blue Moon Rune seem to have no lesser rune, so I'd say that it probably isn't safe to assume that all True Runes have a lesser rune. Also, we have not seen a possible lesser rune for the Rune of Punishment.
Yes we did, in Suikoden 2. The "Darkness Rune". Buy it in south window after Greenhill.
Correction. Darkness Rune is generally accepted as the lesser of Soul Eater (Rune of Life and Death).

The lesser of Rune of Punishment is actually the Condemnation Rune, which you can acquire through Alhazred's quest in Suikoden V.

Nevertheless, at least based on these two, we can see that Konami has a way of retconning at will by including lesser runes of previously introduced True Runes in subsequent installments. Simply because such runes never appeared in a game, should not lead to a conclusion that they do not exist in the series.

Speaking of which, there is a good enough amount of hints supporting Ernst's Beast (Magic) Rune as the lesser of Beast Rune, but since we never get to use the latter (yet), we cannot know for sure?
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

I'm wondering if she went from Suikoden IV-I. (cause when she appears in Suikoden I, she asks Tir where she's at, then asks "The Empire? Which one?") This could mean that she was previously around the Kooluk Empire.

But I could be wrong...
Alhazzad

Post by Alhazzad »

I think Viki didn't yet have true blinking rune but viki only have her ability using blinking rune.Why?logically if one person can make a dimention of time ,she will never been aged.I say that viki just move into any dimention of time that she likes.that's the reason why viki never old.I saw Viki(small) in S3 that makes me figure something .Viki loves to travel around the dimention lines of time that makes she appeared in all suikoden series.That's the reason why viki never aged .Well if you think someone have a true rune will have immortality maybe it is true.Viki's Rune Is special .we still don't know it is a true rune or not.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

didn't you open up a topic on this already? anyway, discuss the idea of Viki having a true rune here: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... &sk=t&sd=a
this topic's purpose is to point out that you can't load previous game's saves into Suikoden IV.