Magic affinities?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Shrike

Post by Shrike »

I found the Skill System in S3 to be much more effective than the affinities (or maybe it's just me...)
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

I have to say I didn't really believe the affinities would do much, until I gave Ameria a Cyclone rune. Now don't get me wrong, I hate wind magic with a vengeance, but wow was I surprised.

While Hero4 is generally last to act when casting the top Rage spell, and Ameria is normally slow with everything. With Cyclone - even the top spell casts almost instantly, I was surprised at the speed she cast and it healed my party for 800 each ( spell says 500 ). If that's not affinity I don't know what is :P
RogetOfTheWind

Post by RogetOfTheWind »

Shrike wrote:I found the Skill System in S3 to be much more effective than the affinities (or maybe it's just me...)
I never even notcied the affinities wow. I always liked Suikoden 3's skill system too.
I'll never be a memory- Sephiroth
Guard

Post by Guard »

KFCrispy wrote:a complete reference table has been put up: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs4/gu ... nities.php

i think this is all according to Brady Games guide, so if they are wrong we are wrong -_-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theres a problem, Hero can get lvl 4 in lighting rune and the site says lvl 2 , i put a lightning rune on him and i love it because i could discard Jeane from my part because my Hero has Thunder Bow or something like that... :D
Guard

Wrong...

Post by Guard »

KFCrispy wrote:a complete reference table has been put up: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs4/gu ... nities.php

i think this is all according to Brady Games guide, so if they are wrong we are wrong -_-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shoot, they are WRONG....my hero and ted can cast a combo spell because the hero have lvl in lighting and ted, lvl in water cmon guys are u blind? Ted comes to the 108 stars with a lvl 4 water magic... :evil:
Guard

Re: Wrong...

Post by Guard »

Pls, someone who has the real information, put here the rune lvls the 108 stars can get :!: :!: :!: :!:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Magic affinities?

Post by KFCrispy »

i know this is a really late response, Guard, but the guide is talking about affinities, as in how effective they are with different elemental runes. you are talking about MP, which is only based on MAG - http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs4/guides/mp.php

however, based on Stallion's observations about Ameria and the Cyclone Rune, perhaps the guide is completely wrong... or maybe the higher-level runes do more damage in general, work better with affinities, or use a different damage formula O_o

edit: i just noticed we never had this link in the S4 guides index page! updated...