Supplementary Tickets?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Supplementary Tickets?

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't know how, but i have 3 Supplementary Tickets. 5 = 1 lottery ticket... so i have yet to see what that is. but i don't know how i got the tickets. i don't recall seeing them collected in random battles but then again, i could have easily missed 3 items out of hte many of fights. i originally thought it was timed-based cuz i was at 3 hours when i noticed 3, 1 hour when i noticed the first. but i'm nearing 5hr and no 4th ticket.

also any details on the lottery itself would be cool
Genso

Post by Genso »

The lottery consists of a traditional ball rolling thing to claim prizes in Japan. It consists of just rotating a handle of a device filled with colored balls whose total amount equal the actual percentage of rareness. As the rotation of the device slows down, one ball pops out. The color of that ball indicates which prize you have won. The ball with the least duplicates are more rare, obviously.
billybunny
Elite Member

Post by billybunny »

In that vein, is there a trick to the lottery? Or is the "spin the analog stick" thing not actually good for anything? Oh, and are there items to make the lottery luckier? I slapped some tickets on my characters' heads and I seemed to get better results (in fact, got a first prize my first time after doing that).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok i think Supplementary Tickets come from trading items at the Trading Post.... it *should* be "per item" cuz if it's "per trade" you're better off trading one item at a time. i'm betting it's per item traded or bought.

it seems that if you don't rotate it long enough, you'll always get the worst (5th) prize. if you do it for minutes you still have a chance of getting the worst, but i've landed a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th each once out of my 10 tries.
billybunny
Elite Member

Post by billybunny »

You can get Supp. Tickets just by making purchases at shops. I went on an equipment shopping spree after cleaning up at the dice game and wound up with 14 tickets.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

You can change your lottery tickets into "Lucky Tickets" (whatever it translated it into) by equipping it on your character's head, and then by having an enemy dish out a critical hit on your character.

A "Lucky Ticket" will always get at least 3rd prize, and often gets you 2nd or 1st prize items.

And yes, supplementary tickets are automatically gained as you purchase items in bult at shops.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

O_o no wonder i got a tip from a villager saying to equip the lottery ticket in battle. i just thought you were supposed to notice the +1 luck since it didn't help me get any items in battle..
Nihilist

Post by Nihilist »

Yeah, thanks for the tip. I think I'm gonna try that right after I figure out if I screwed up recruiting Cedric or not. (See topic in Plot & Character section.)
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Geez, I'm getting' a thread out of the grave here...
Umm, so when all characters have a Lottery Ticket equipped you need to get hit by an enemy with a critical? Does just one person have to be hit? Or the whole party? And...what enemy has a high critical hit %? What enemy do you reccomend fighting?
Thanx.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Reinhold's training room is the best option that I know of. If a person equips a lottery ticket and gets hit with a critical, the lottery ticket equipped to him/her will turn into a lucky ticket. It only affects that person who has the ticket equipped and got hit critically.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Ah, never thought of the Training Hall, thanx.