Equipment Sets

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Pirate King Set will not pass through.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Hmm... you know what, i don't know. I think it doesn't pass through. My friends are trying to unequip everyone with the 'unique' sets and put them in the inventory to see if it passes over.

EDIT: Okay it's official it doesn't pass through. I was sure i got it but hey who knows. The only equipment that passed through were the diamond sets (2), one ogre and one goblin set.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Felicitycat

But I DID see the sticky...

Post by Felicitycat »

I posted a help topic last night, and all I got were insults! Now I'll be afraid of being insulted every time I post! :cry:

I didn't think people would see it if I posted here, I guess I got the date of the last post wrong or something. I just wanted people to see it, that's all.

I just need help finding parts to the Warrior's set. It's not listed in Adrienne's "make armor" menus. She has the Golden Hammer. (But I might have missed the Silver Hammer. Does that matter?) I have all 108 SoD and I'm at the end of the game. Why won't the Warrior set show up? Can I buy all of the parts? (I found one of them in Razril.)

Please help, and this time be nice please. :(

Now excuse me while I go drink myself silly.
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes?
Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Adriene can make the entire warrior set, all you need to do is get the materials she needs

Im sorry everyone was mean to you..people can be real bastards sometimes.. as jowy atrieds said the other day"we were all newbies when we first started out"

just read all the info on suikosource and the forums and that will give you knowledge and keep people off your back, you should also explain that you cant find it in the site or on the forums and then people will be more helpful
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yes, the Silver Hammer is required for certain sets.

It can only be found at sunset after the liberation of Razril.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felicitycat

Thanks, and that bites

Post by Felicitycat »

Thanks for the info. I did check for the answer on this topic thread, and it didn't show. And I think I did miss the Silver Hammer. Maybe.

Thanks for letting me know that people are nice here. I figured that they were, but when I posted I wasn't expecting a response like that!

Well, I think I read in the official guide that the Warrior's set was recommended for Snowe. Now that it's not going to show up (at least under Adrienne's menu it's not, I was able to buy one piece of the set), which set do you recommend for Hero? And for Snowe? Or for anyone? Or does it depend on the character you choose? I think someone here mentioned the Ogre set for them, because of the auto-berserk. But what of it?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Berserk gives a 1.5x multiplier, which works very well in conjunction with Double-strike, which gives another 2x multiplier. Add the 1.5x multiplier with the True Friendship ATK and you've got some amazing damage potential. If you can manage the materials needed for an Ogre Set (or two), I'd recommend Ogre over any other set.

Here's a guide for the Ogre Set:

Ogre Helm: Good Gold Ore (2), Giant Crab's Shell (1)
Ogre Mail: Good Gold Ore (4), Giant Crab's Shell (2)
Ogre Breath: Good Gold Ore (2), Giant Crab's Shell (1)
Ogre Boots: Good Gold Ore (2), Giant Crab's Shell (1)

Good Gold Ore is sold in the trading centers.

The Giant Crab's Shell is dropped most frequently by the Ancient Crab on the Deserted Island.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Felicitycat

Help or be helped

Post by Felicitycat »

All very good stuff. Thank you.
Felicitycat

Ugh ... yet another question...

Post by Felicitycat »

Okay, so no one's posted here since I left a little while ago, so it looks like I'm double posting, but I have another question. I saw something mentioned about it somewhere, but I don't know where.

Is it true that you don't see the full set bonuses reflected in your character's stats? I equipped the final piece of a full set on a character, and there was no change in his stats, i.e., I didn't see the bonus kick in. I thought I saw someone say that the bonus doesn't show, but can someone confirm this?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

It doesn't say +1 or anything like that next to any of the stats. It just ups them automatically without a word.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Felicitycat

Post by Felicitycat »

so it happens, even though I didn't see anything? The stats are right next to the equip options.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The changes are there, but they are not visible.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Felicitycat

Thanks for the info!

Post by Felicitycat »

Great, thanks!

Now, with the Ogre set, when you recommend it, I'm assuming that the double damage taken won't be a problem? It's not so far, but for the end of the game.... problem? Must not be, if you're recommending it, I'm assuming that everyone here knows what they're doing.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Berserk: 1.5 multiplier to damage.
Double-strike: 2x damage, while also taking 2x damage.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kohza

Post by Kohza »

Two things:

1) Can Hero equip the Ninja Set?

2) Can the Ninja Set be made with the silver hammer?