Asking confirmation on net fishing

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
bookwormbabe29

Asking confirmation on net fishing

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

So I know I can fish out nice items with net fishing. Having read the forums, I have a team of high luck people and am I'm on the world map near the locations listed (in this example, nest of pirates for pirate king boots). The popular method is cast net, wait on world map, come back later.

I've done this several times, waiting hours at some points (some posts suggest longer the wait the better) and all I ever get is fish. I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong, and not sure if I should try saving and loading before checking the nets, waiting longer, or making more frequent checks, or what. If I save, check the nets and find a full net of fish, will loading before hand and waiting longer help, or am I just going to keep having the same stupid fish? Once the net is full of fish, do the items change for the better or do I need to try again?

I really hate making a net fishing topic with so many of them on the front page, but nothing answered this specific thought. I wasn't sure if another topic was the lesser evil of thread necromancy, so hopefully I made the right call. Thanks for your time!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Asking confirmation on net fishing

Post by Sasarai10 »

I believe that you must not view the world map but hang inside your ship...not sure though
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

You can't be in the chart screen. After casting the net, choose "Depart" from the menu, but don't select a destination. Have the ship stay still but be in the sailing screen. Then "Anchor" after 10 minutes to check the net. The PK boots do seem to take a long time to get, though.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:You can't be in the chart screen. After casting the net, choose "Depart" from the menu, but don't select a destination. Have the ship stay still but be in the sailing screen. Then "Anchor" after 10 minutes to check the net. The PK boots do seem to take a long time to get, though.

If you choose to go inside the ship is wrong then?
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

I'm fairly certain you can't be inside the ship. As I understand it, you need to be on the world map. I finally did get the boots, and I was getting better items by checking more often, not waiting hours. If I waited hours, all I gained were fish, but with checking 10-20 minutes, I picked up an Ocean rune piece and the boots. It could just be random for all I know, but my experiments indicate waiting too long is bad and checking often is good.