Some simple questions and discussion

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
bookwormbabe29

Some simple questions and discussion

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

Hey all!

General 'spoiler' alert here for those haven't played this yet...

So I have myself a mobile HQ now, and have been recruiting up a storm (After playing S5, character guide seems a must). Still, few things I was hoping to learn of this game.

1. Reinhold's training hall. I go to train, and he yells at me for not having enough people. I'm guessing I need more people. Do I need a certain person (his assistant or something) or more SoD's in general?

2. Castle decorations. I'm found few places to USE anything. Hero's room has one vase and some paintings. I have items to be 'placed in a room' like simple wallpaper, log desk, and the almight chincilla stand, but no idea how to make use of them. I find it hilarious I fished up a log desk in the first place, but still, am I missing something or what?

3. I'm really intrigued by the crafting of this game, like the mermaid shop. I've seen the lists on this forum, and my mind keeps thinking of the uses, the possibilities... before I drive myself mad, are there any 'must have' items from this, like an ultimate pair of boots of butt kicking?

4. Trading posts. Now with Viki, I might do some trading. As I understand it, if I do some trading, I can get better quality gold and such from trading posts... but do you miss out on the poor quality stuff? Should I stock up on poor products before hand?

5. Does anyone use Rita in battle? She's been my 4th member for a while, others being my loyal gaien knights. Paula has the lightning and Rage rune and throws down magic easily, Tal has a lot of power, a killer rune, and his low skill has been fixed with the large amounts of skill stones I've picked up. I could bring Lino/Mizuki with their good power, Jeane brings magic like few others... and yet I've been using Rita for a while, and she's surprising effective. Her luck lets her critical hit often, and her magic is high, having 4th level magic (where the under leveled Jeane/Viki do not have yet). I'm quite enjoying watching this little gambler girl go out and smash things with a hammer :)

Anywho, just wanted an excuse to talk Suikoden with folks. Time to go treasure hunting! ;)
sticky-runes

Re: Some simple questions and discussion

Post by sticky-runes »

1. Reinhold hosts 5 training sessions against three characters each, so you need roughly 15 combat characters besides your active party (meaning Reinhold needs you to recruit more characters who actually fight, not support characters or shop keepers etc.) to fill those slots. It shouldn't take too long for training to become available. Oh, and Reinhold can't be in your party when you train because he is your challenger in the final round.

2. Those ornaments (not appraised objects) can be placed in a room that becomes available after recruiting an interior designer.

3 and 4. My memory sucks with this kind of stuff, I'm sure somebody around here has better info on crafting and trading than I do.

5. I'm not a fan of Rita. She is one of the few characters who gets a bit of extra voice acting during some of the early events in Obel, which is nice. She also has a co-op attack with Viki and another girly character, if you're interested.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

3. You don't really have must haves - but the Ogre Set is pretty much the best because it maximizes your physical damage output.

4. They're still available.

5. Never used Rita here, but used her frequently in Tactics.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
bookwormbabe29

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

Good to know, good to know! I'm going to need to spend some time looking into all the crafting possibilities, but should be fun :)

As another question... um, where the heck is mountain mass island? I've been told it's north of Razril, but I can't seem to find it. I feel so silly! I mean, I have a map and can't find an island. An ISLAND! It's not like it's a small thing, you know? But this is bugging me like crazy. 3 hours of searching the waves and I'm still looking for it... I am a TERRIBLE navigator lol.

EDIT: Forgot to mention... I can't go all the way north yet (turned around) so I'm not sure if I CAN get there. From what I've read I can get there and from the maps I've seen I'm right on top of it, but all I see is water. If anyone can give me a clue, throw me a bone, whatever... I'll be very glad to hear from you!

FINAL EDIT: Finally found the place... I was WAY too far north lol.