Grham Cray

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
slayerx

Grham Cray

Post by slayerx »

Before awakining the giant tree at the end of Suikoden IV Ghram Cray asks if "Hero"'s rune of punishment rune can beat his true rune. What True rune does Cray posess?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Grham Cray

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

No he doesn't. He says that in a battle of wills he has no doubt his is stronger.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
slayerx

Post by slayerx »

ok then I must have mis understood. Then I wonder, how does he awaken the giant tree? He uses a rune and it has a cool slow motion effect during the cut-scene. Anyway I beat that one and was going to start Tacticts only to find out Ps2 no longer recognises that disc as a ps2 disc and now I can't play that one .. guess I'm gonna have to buy it again.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Do PS2 discs really age that badly? Now I'm worried.
slayerx

Post by slayerx »

not that I'm aware of my copies of S2,3,4,and 5 are all in great shape and play great its just that one, and it doesn't have any scratches at all on it. It did work at one time. I got half way through it and had to stop for some reason or another. I decided to start all over again once I downloaded part 1, I was going to go through the whole series recruting all 108 in each game. Now I get to this and its just frustrating. The disc is clean and I even cleaned the lens on the ps2. It still says please insert a ps2 disc. Tactics is the only one that I haven't ever beaten.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I don't think it's explained what that power is Graham uses to awaken the tree, it must be some sort of rune or incantation used to keep the tree under control. Maybe it's a magical technique that Warlock came up with as a safeguard when he first summoned the tree, so that it wouldn't go on a rampage.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Probably he command the rune as he was a former bearer.

Ted could in S1 when asked Soul Eater to take his soul,in Seek Valey
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

sticky-runes wrote:I don't think it's explained what that power is Graham uses to awaken the tree, it must be some sort of rune or incantation used to keep the tree under control. Maybe it's a magical technique that Warlock came up with as a safeguard when he first summoned the tree, so that it wouldn't go on a rampage.
Can it go on a rampage, anyway? I always assumed it's just there and they take its seeds.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well it looks like Graham wakes the creature up, so the same power probably keeps it asleep or in a docile state so it can't harm the people using it. Just a theory.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the tree can do a lot of damage to your party when you fight it, so no doubt it can probably go on a stationary "rampage" lol