Recruitment guide for Nalkul and Champo is incorrect

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
jiltofrag

Recruitment guide for Nalkul and Champo is incorrect

Post by jiltofrag »

Not sure where to send this, but I wanted to point out that the recruitment guide isn't quite correct in describing the deadline for recruiting Nalkul and Champo.

For both characters, the guide says they "cannot be recruited after liberating Obel." I have not yet liberated Obel, but I unfortunately agreed to begin the mission in the dialog with Eleanor. This choice begins the scene where the main character gives up the golden seal. When it cut back to the map after the scene, I did a quick recheck of the recruitment guide and thought "Ah I need to go an recruit a few people before heading to Obel." I then SAVED before heading back to Nay Island, not knowing that it would be impossible without the golden seal still in hand. When I went to Nay and nothing happened, I wondered if something was wrong. Other guides more explicitly describe the scenes where Nalkul and Champo steal the seal, which is what led me to know that I messed up. Since Lino technically has the seal after taking it back, I tried going through the sequence with him in the party, but no dice. I won't be able to get all of the characters because of this.

Yes, I should have had multiple saves, and Yes, I should have checked before agreeing to do the mission. However, the text as written was misleading in my particular situation. It would be more correct to say "cannot be recruited after [agreeing] to liberate Obel" or "can only be recruited when in possession of the golden seal." Neither of these would be any more of a spoiler than the text for liberating Obel. Had it been either of these, I would not have saved my game and would have restarted before the scene with Eleanor. I hope this gets fixed or it helps someone else from making the same mistake I did.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Recruitment guide for Nalkul and Champo is incorrect

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks for the info, jiltofrag. sorry about the lost opportunity for getting all 108 SOD!! we'll try to get that info updated soon.
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

I just noticed that this wasn't fixed yet on the SoD page, it still mistakenly says "cannot be recruited after liberating Obel."
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Ok updated! :)