New Member .... Questions (Spoilers)

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
FinalFLuver

New Member .... Questions (Spoilers)

Post by FinalFLuver »

I had a question about SOngs guide. After reclaiming Obel he writes:

If you go to the deck and witness the cutscene, you will not be able
to practice your naval tactics anymore.[/
b]

Chiobitsu writes:

Leave your room, re-organise your party(put Yu in as your support member),
talk to Nico at the top level of the Deck(where Mizuki and Akaghi are) and
teleport to Obel Harbor.[/
b]

so I'm confused, they both mention going up to the deck, but SOng mentions it affecting your ability to practice naval tactics (which I have no idea what he's talking about), and Chiobitsu doesn't mention anything like that.

what exactly is the consequence of going up onto the deck at this point in the game?
FinalFLuver

Re: New Member .... Questions (Spoilers)

Post by FinalFLuver »

this is my second time playing this game and I'm experiencing the same thing. Chadli's SHop stops selling Bargain items?

The other shops around the "world" still restock their bargain items, but Chadli never does after a certain point in the game. I'm not sure if it occurs after obtaining all 108 SoD, but nonetheless, it's happened in both my playthroughs

anyone experience the same thing?
FinalFLuver

Post by FinalFLuver »

Is it just me or does HERO's accuracy suck hard!?

I'm in the training hall and I cant tell you how many times I've designated him to kill a magic caster/dangerous character only for him to miss and then they unleash a spell and slaughter me.

I really wish HERO has a single target skill (aside from his unite with Snowe) cause his lack of physical accuracy makes him suck!

wow, decided to equip him with a thunder amulet and he still sucks. 5th battle of the training he missed Wendell 4 times, she finally got fed up with him trying to hit her and just used earthquake to kill my whole party

Edit: does fury reduce accuracy? Cause ever since I equipped him with the Ogre set I've noticed the missed attacks like crazy
FinalFLuver

Post by FinalFLuver »

I'm so sorry for all these questions :(

I was just wondering if stat boosting stones have a range? I keep getting +1 when using my stone of speed on HERO and was wondering if I was wasting my time resetting?

thanks
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

OK, let's see.

1) "Practicing naval tactics" means doing mock naval battles with Elenor.

2) Chadli's bargain items (I believe) are all normally purchasable items from later stores. Once you have visited these stores and can buy the items normally he will no longer have a need to restock his Bargain Items. Nothing he has in there is unique or rare anyway.

4) I've never noticed Hero having bad accuracy. According to the Stat Growth Guide, he has a 5 growth in Skill. That's above average. The Ogre Set puts you in fury status according to the Gameplay Guides page, but I don't believe fury lowers your hit rate. Wendel and most mages have crazy Evade in this game (Warlock has an Evade growth of 8!), so that might be why you are missing against them.

5) I believe stat stones only give +1 in this game. They can do more than 1 in Suikoden 2, but I think that is the only game they can do so.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

All my characters tend to miss much more often in training hall than in actual battles vs monster. Perhaps it's because, in there, not only the opponents levels scaled with our team members but also their stats.

The range for stats stones is 1~3. Sure about that because I used save/load state on emulator to manipulate the gains.
FinalFLuver

Post by FinalFLuver »

thanks guys. My Kika is level 79 and had 88 MAG; I had 10 Stones of Magic (all obtained from unicorn zombies during my golem farming), I used them all at once on kika and it brought her MAG up to 114!! so I only needed to get 2 more to get her to 120.

once I got her to 120 I equipped her with a Warrior Rune + Double-Strike Rune + Ogre Set ....... *drools
FinalFLuver

Post by FinalFLuver »

ok I'm confused. I just read a comment in the comment box that indicated that Wendel is a guy :0

She looks like a girl in this game but is apparently a boy
She/he looks like a boy in tactics but is apparently a girl

what??
FinalFLuver

Post by FinalFLuver »

ok so im nearing the end of the game and I'm just triggering the scenes with the characters before heading for El-Eal.

Is HERO Lino's son? Cause that would be awesome.

I either forgot to talk to lino in my first playthrough or just plain don't remember
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Wendel is a girl

Yes, Hero is Lino's son
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
FinalFLuver

Post by FinalFLuver »

awesome

next time I play this I'm just going to name him Prince En Kuldes
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

FinalFLuver wrote:awesome

next time I play this I'm just going to name him Prince En Kuldes
I think you can't name him like this anymore, you have to name him TAFKAP.
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

TAFKAP? Am I missing something obvious here or is my brain just not functioning well 2day?
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Jocky wrote:TAFKAP? Am I missing something obvious here or is my brain just not functioning well 2day?
It's the acronym of The Artist Formerly Known As Prince :P

Perhaps I just have say this: Image
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:It's the acronym of The Artist Formerly Known As Prince :P
Looooooooooooooool

Hahaha, I should have guessed that!! V.well done Bruce!! :P