Fog Ship

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Dragamon10

Fog Ship

Post by Dragamon10 »

Is there anyway to track the fog ship? cause I've been looking near the deserted island and illuya with no luck.
Its not over till the Emperor Die's-my thoughts during Suikoden's final battle.
gildedtalon

Re: Fog Ship

Post by gildedtalon »

Your compass shows it, just go to the direction of the large dot that shows on your compass
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Dragamon10

Post by Dragamon10 »

So I just go to those areas and look for it on my compass, or is it always there?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Are you looking to find it initially or did you exit it without finishing and are looking for it to go back inside? If you're looking to encounter it for the first time, just go to the war room after recruiting 70 Stars and before the Liberation of Obel when there is no pressing plot to do and you will get the cutscene that triggers the ship encounter. Otherwise, just follow gildedtalon's advice.
Dragamon10

Post by Dragamon10 »

Yeah I left after i realized Lino was to weak to keep using. So basically go to those areas and look for the ship with the compass, I assume having it in its largest setting should help to correct.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

be aware that there is a limited time window to complete the fog ship. I want to say it disappears after you secure Obel.

Also, it's always worth making sure Lino is properly leveled up, as he is forced into your party periodically.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

This Lino is actually one of the best characters in the game, right? So it's not a waste improving him or upgrading his equipment
Dragamon10

Post by Dragamon10 »

Actually....I beat the game yesterday and found the ship myself, thanks for the help though.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

If you exit after the 2 mandatory battles, you don't have to fight them again
Actually, you can see the fog on your screen when you depart, I'll show you with a pic later. Eh, it doesn't work anymore. Anyone knows how the fog ship is located?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I think the easiest way to find it is teleport to Deserted Island, it will show on the compass when the white circle shows up
Just depart anchor depart anchor depart till you can see it on your compass. I have managed to see it three times using this method :mrgreen: Yeah I have officially claimed this as the best method to find the Fog Ship :D
It doesn't take long to find it, I guess the Fog Ship likes to visit Deserted Island :lol:
I just loaded my save and it doesn't seem to work anymore :? Resting before you depart solves the problem in case you feel it's taking too long. Either you can see it on your compass or you see a little fog on your screen then just follow the fog all the way to the Fog Ship
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I'm bumping this thread again, I want people to test my method to find the Fog Ship

In fact, I'm starting a new game+ to test this method again

So the method is:
Teleport to Deserted Island, rest then depart. Can you see the white dot on your compass or the fog on the world map? If you can't, rest depart again, repeat the cycle until you see either the white dot on compass or fog from afar showing up on the world map. If you see the fog, you just need to follow it, it will lead you to the Fog Ship

Also this is something worth knowing, if you exit after the 2 mandatory battles on Fog Ship, you don't have to fight them again.
So do those 2 fights first before leaving the Fog Ship for the first time
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Just wanted to report that my method doesn't work :(
I have marked the area in which you can start looking for the fog ship
I'm going to test it some more
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Last edited by gildedtalon on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I think I have figured out how to find the fog ship
The fog ship has a respawn time, just call it 1 hour to be safe, I got it in 45 minutes though coz I got impatient and I play on emulator anyway. You need to waste that amount of time which is 1 hour on the world map

The fog ship likes to appear near Mordo Island, Deserted Island, Nay Island
I personally prefer Mordo coz from here you can see everything
Use the compass on its largest setting, it has wider detection range than the minimap compass
Also the largest compass can make it hard to see the fog from afar so turn it off for a few seconds when you want to see if the fog appears or not

So what I do is teleport to Mordo, talk to Rakgi and stay on the world map for 1 hour.
After 1 hour has passed, the fog ship still won't respawn coz you need to change screen for it to spawn
So to be safe, I anchor, rest in my room, then teleport to Mordo Island, then talk to Rakgi to appear on the world map and I see the fog while my ship is docked in front of Mordo Island
If the fog doesn't appear right away on Mordo, just keep teleporting between Mordo, Deserted, Nay

The main thing is you need to get the Fog Ship to actually spawn first by wasting 1 hour on the world map

I have succeeded twice using this method, always load from title screen after success
So yeah people, the fog ship has a respawn time, no need to be upset

I want at least 10 more successes first before I'm satisfied :D

Just do something else for 1 hour, leave your game idle on world map

Okay I got 10 successes. No need to test it anymore :P :lol: :mrgreen: :D

Note: For finding the fog from Nay island, obviously you have to move forward to give way for the fog to appear on your screen because the island takes so much space on your screen. Just move forward for a few seconds so that the island doesn't take so much space on your screen

Also, you can change camera view with L1, on camera view that is the most zoomed-in, you can move it up and down. Sometimes you can see the fog/white cloud with that camera view, then you just need to follow it to the fog ship. You can distinguish the clouds easily, the white cloud is much whiter than other clouds
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I just teleported to Mordo Island, talked to Rakgi, and the white dot appeared just a few miles nearby. It was visible on the large compass just after leaving Mordo.

I didn't wait at all.