Question about Lilin

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Question about Lilin

Post by Sasarai10 »

Do you have to recruit at least one optional character in order to proceed to the battle with the ship who hunts mermaids,during your stay in Obel?

I'd like to play the game this time,without recruiting any optional characters,so after returning from the ruins i went to the port to fight against this ship,and recruit Lilin,but i couldn't trigger this scene. Then i recruited Ornan,and the scene appeared.

I've got PAL version,btw
Nikisaur

Re: Question about Lilin

Post by Nikisaur »

In that case it seems to be similar to the appearance of Pilika in Suikoden 2. I think it is a way of making sure the player has enough characters, or at the very least understands how to recruit them before the game presses on.

You're not missing much, Ornan is more useful than Chiepoo in my opinion, I always swapped him into my party :)
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

[EDIT: Sorry for the double post! How did that happen? D:]
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Nikisaur wrote:In that case it seems to be similar to the appearance of Pilika in Suikoden 2. I think it is a way of making sure the player has enough characters, or at the very least understands how to recruit them before the game presses on.

You're not missing much, Ornan is more useful than Chiepoo in my opinion, I always swapped him into my party :)

WHAT????? You are kidding right? :o

Ornan is one of the worst characters in the game imo,because he has a PERMANENT Waking Rune. That means he is always asleep,and he needs to be damaged in order to wake up. If he didn't have the waking rune he would be better...but Chiepoo,is way too better,anyway. He is a decent mage,and he can be a great physical damage dealer,by attaching him double-beat & warrior runes.

Now about your first sentence,i found out in the internet that you must have a certain amount of character in order to trigger some scenes. like this one with Lilin,the one after defeating 3rd Kooluk fleet in Obel,or to find Katarina in Nest Of Pirates,before fighting against Snowe....

About Pilika,in S2,somebody here said that you can find her without recruiting anyone,it has to do with time frame,or something

PS: I've got a suspicion that,after liberating Razril and defeating Helmut's fleet,you must have a certain amount of stars,in order to trigger the scene,were you go to the Training Hall and give your speech. I've got 38 stars now,and i cannot trigger this scene....so how many stars you need,in order to trigger this? I don't find anything yet in the internet about this....
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I found Ornan more useful during early stages like the Ruins as his Waking Rune makes his physical damage really high, which helped for the boss especially. Never used him much after that too much. Chiepoo was pretty weak in the beginning.

Yep well I'm just going off my own experience with Pilika. As for Suikoden 4, I'm not sure.