Net-fishing

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Net-fishing

Post by Sasarai10 »

I'm surprised that there isn't any sticky topic with that title,so i decided to open one,since net-fishing in S4,is a feature,that demands many hours of your time in order to fish the rare objects. I've got 2 question about net-fishing.

1) I've read here and in other sites too,that it's possible to fish obects while your ship is anchored,is it true? It has never happened to me,because for example i casted the net near Illuya in order to fish Snowe's Pirate Clothes,while my ship was anchored,and i was pulling up the net every 30 minutes,and i didn't caught anything not even a single sardine. I did it 3 times,and i caught nothing. So is it possible to pick up the objects while you are anchored,because wandering around the sea,is a little bit boring.

2) Are Ocean Rune Pieces,infinite??? I was wandering because you can catch the furniture for Pecola's room,more than once.
Antimatzist

Re: Net-fishing

Post by Antimatzist »

1) Yes. Maybe you hit the wrong spot? I don't know how sensitive it is. But I clearly remember training with Reinhold and getting stuff.

2) No idea, never tried it out.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I don't think you can catch anything netfishing while the ship is anchored (ie, exploring inside the ship), but it does work while the ship is sitting stationary on the world map. I actually used this technique recently on my last play-through. Just cast the net, depart to the world map without moving, watch TV for about 10 or 15 minutes, then collect the spoils.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

freshmetal wrote:I don't think you can catch anything netfishing while the ship is anchored (ie, exploring inside the ship), but it does work while the ship is sitting stationary on the world map. I actually used this technique recently on my last play-through. Just cast the net, depart to the world map without moving, watch TV for about 10 or 15 minutes, then collect the spoils.

But Antimatzist says,that he was training in Reinhold's place while the net was already casted... :roll:

Plus in my ship party i have Pablo,Rita,Chiepoo & Reinbach,and they have 9 lucky rings too,but still no items....
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I believe that freshmetal is right. The ship has to be either stationary or in motion, but not anchored, in order for the net to catch anything. For whatever reason, having the ship in motion offers less catch than when stationary. This has been my personal experience anyway.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Antimatzist probably spent sometime on worldmap before trainning session because I also think you wouldn't get anything waitting inside the ship, worldmap is the only place that counts. And there's no proof to confirm that LUCK affects drops rate or fishing results. Just leave your ship on worldmap screen for 15 mins, at least you'll get full of sardines.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Basically, just do this:

1. Put your ship where you want it and cast net.
2. Depart, but don't move the ship at all.*
3. Make sandwich or check email or whatever for about 15 minutes.
4. Retrieve net full of goodies.

*This is important if you plan on leaving your game while waiting. I once made the mistake of moving the ship to a different side of whatever island and left it, thinking that my ship had come to a proper stop. It hadn't, so instead of a net full of stuff, I came back to find my game awaiting my input for a fight. Apparently it had been drifting ever so slightly and triggered an encounter so that wasted a bit of time.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ok, I rechecked, you have to be on the world map screen in order to successfully fishnet.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yeah you are right,i've already done it,and you must be in the world map,not anchored...i've caught Snowe's Pirate clothes,and some furniture too. :)

Now what about the Ocean Rune Pieces...are they infinite,or there is a limited number? As i can see they're very rare,because i've only found them twice via net-fishing....