Igor's coin toss sequences?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Igor's coin toss sequences?

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hello. Are there any particular sequences in Igor's coin toss every time you play his first game?

I managed to beat his game once (10 times in a row),and he gave me just a thunder amulet...hoping for some better prize. :x

Although i don't know if this game depends on pure luck,or if he is using 3-4-5 or so,different coin sequences....but sometimes i've noticed that he is using similar sequences everytime you speak to him and ask him for a game. For example i've noticed the sequence H-H-H-H-H (5 heads in a row) quite a few times....was it just random?
Celes
Global Admin

Re: Igor's coin toss sequences?

Post by Celes »

Actually, I believe it is not based on pure luck. In that case you would have a 50% chance for a correct guess, which means less than 0,1 % (1/1000) for winning ten times in a row. Based on my observations the game let you win more than 1/2 of the time.

Aside from that, the strategy guide says there is a hint of what it will be on the last rotation before the coin stops.

There will be no notable or unique prizes, so you don't have to attend to this featherbrained game at all:

1 Medicine
2 Needle
3 Antitoxin
4 Cough Drop
5 Lottery Ticket
6 Minced Bonito
7 Silk
8 Fine Quality Wool
9 Escape Talisman
10 Lightning Amulet
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Oh,thanks a lot.

Damn i wasted my time,in his stupid game then...i thought that i could win either a treasure map or a window setting,or at least a big amount of money like 100k potch or so... :evil:
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

The only mini games worth your time should be Basil's for the treasure map#30 or cat chases mouses game. Other games have very lame rewards.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote:The only mini games worth your time should be Basil's for the treasure map#30 or cat chases mouses game. Other games have very lame rewards.
I've finished Basil's mini-game,it was quite boring though. That mice chasing game was easier though.

Btw,do you know if treasure maps are carried over in New Game+? I just searched for treasure map locations and i found out that i've lost #12 and #23.... :x :x :x

I'm asking because i don't wish to play that Basil's game again.... :|
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

They are not carried over for sure. You should've used a guide if you want to get all the treasure maps. Lots of them are missable. Yeah, I also hate that Basil minigame :evil:
Last edited by gildedtalon on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

they are key items right? then no key item will carry over.
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2022

But why must you get all maps again? for a perfect game? I only play treasure hunting in my 1st playthrough for the sake of knowing about it but never again, besides the thunder rune and a guardian part, most treasures are crappy.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:They are not carried over for sure. You should've used a guide if you want to get all the treasure maps. Lots of them are missable. Yeah, I also hate that Basil minigame :evil:
Actually the only missable maps are #12 and #23,on Troy's ship and Obel's ship respectively. Because these places will be inaccesible during the game,so you have to get them at this certain point,when you rescued by Troy,and Flare.
Punkaiser wrote:they are key items right? then no key item will carry over.
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2022

But why must you get all maps again? for a perfect game? I only play treasure hunting in my 1st playthrough for the sake of knowing about it but never again, besides the thunder rune and a guardian part, most treasures are crappy.

Yeah just for the sake for a perfect game.
Btw,you can get Flowing,Rage,etc Runes only via treasure hunting.

Anyway S4 is not that short as many people stated. Only the main plot is short...if you wish to find treasure maps,or the items that can be caught only via net fishing,you will spend a lot of hours.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

nobody gives estimates on how long it would take to get a 100% complete game, because most players will not bother with completing all investigations, comment box letters, getting everyone to level 99, and maxing out everyone's weapons and skills. Completing the game for most people is doing the full story, optional quests within reason (Clive's Quest is too demanding for casual players), recruiting all characters, getting most rare items (not the 0.1% dropped item), getting the best ending.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

KFCrispy wrote:nobody gives estimates on how long it would take to get a 100% complete game, because most players will not bother with completing all investigations, comment box letters, getting everyone to level 99, and maxing out everyone's weapons and skills. Completing the game for most people is doing the full story, optional quests within reason (Clive's Quest is too demanding for casual players), recruiting all characters, getting most rare items (not the 0.1% dropped item), getting the best ending.

To tell the truth,yes i'm a perfectionist and i want to have the game 100% complete,except getting all the characters to level 99. That one is quite boring...i tried to do it with S5,but after getting all characters to level 70,i stopped.

In S4 case note that maxing weapons have some meaning,because weapons are changing after weapon's name changes. For example hero's weapon at 1st level is silver,at 2nd level is red,and at 3rd level is black....so weapons could be considered as unlockables.

Also,completing the game for me means,defeating optional bosses like Colton and Troy in S4 (i don't know if this is possible),or score major victories in every war battle.

You can add some chalenges too during your play like playing solo (like a guy from here,who has already done it) or completing the game with everyone under level 50 (without bribing like in S1)

Don't blame me if i sound a little demanding,but...for me playing a game is not just for fun/...it's for success too. :)

P.S. Clive quest can be done even in less than 10 hrs if you don't recruit any optional characters,except Viki of course. I managed to do it in 12 hrs,17 mins with all stars....so i wouldn't find it that demanding. the only thing you have to do is to skip the dialogues.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

KFCrispy wrote: (not the 0.1% dropped item)
I still remember the nightmare when I was playing ragnarok years ago. Got to farm 3 rare critical cards for my assasin and each card was dropped at 0.01% :lol: