Scariest party members to fight in the training room?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
gildedtalon

Scariest party members to fight in the training room?

Post by gildedtalon »

Viki, Mizuki, and Nay-Kobolds top my list

Next is Dario, Izak, Ugetsu, Shiramine, all magicians(wand users)

The rest I don't care, I'm gonna lvl everyone else to 99 first before I recruited those scary characters :mrgreen:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Belle

Re: Scariest party members to fight in the training room?

Post by Belle »

The scariest people to fight in the training room is really anybody in the fourth and fifth battles. But usually it's the magic users for me.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Treat the fourth like a boss battle coz Reinhold is a joke. Waste all your strongest spells in fourth battle
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Reinhold had a habit of casting earthquakes on me A LOT. I hated having to face Viki though, since she teleports people away. Silent Lake became my best friend for training.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

good thing there is a very easy way to avoid such characters, well 8 of them anyway. Simply put characters you don't want to face into the two auxiliary shipboard parties, and you never have to face them.

Note: you'll still have to face Reinhold in the last battle, so there's nothing that can help you on that one.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Btw, in order to use flashes command, your party must be 10 levels higher than the enemy and at least one party member must be one more level higher
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Make sure to have 3 strong physical fighters like Lino,Gau or Izak,and have a water rune attached to Lazlo,in order to cast the silent lake spell. The problem in the training room is the magic spells,like Earthquake,or Blazing Wall. Physical attacks are quite weak,so if you use the silent lake,the battle will be easier imo.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Viki has to die immediately, because she can warp a party member out for the remainder of battles, which sucks.

I also hate anybody who uses the Wind of Sleep, because it seems to ALWAYS work 100% on all 4 of my characters, whereas when I use the spell, I'm lucky if it puts one opponent to sleep.

And anyone who uses high level fire spells. High level lightning spells can be nasty, but they only target character and you have a chance to revive them. And of course - the dreaded earthquake spell.

If an opponent casts silent lake, it's a blessing in disguise, because my physical attacks are always better than theirs!
mackevin06

Post by mackevin06 »

I have to agree with sticky about the Wind of Sleep thing. That's the only thing I fear in the training room. Damn sleepy characters. Making me lose battles :evil:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Wind of Sleep users can go suck one.
mackevin06

Post by mackevin06 »

They can suck two as far as I'm concerned. That's the main reason when I lose.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

wind of sleep is indeed annoying, but there's still a high chance you'll stay safe until the party wake up.
But Earthquake is likely the instant death call to the whole party even at level 99.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yeah Wind of Sleep,is annoying indeed,but it's used frequently by your opponents in the first rounds...after that it fades away.
Another one problem is Viki with the Blinking Rune,if she is in the last round. Make sure to take her out first,as sticky said.
So the key is to have 3 strong physical fighters,and a water mage to cast the silent lake spell,in the last rounds.
suiken

Post by suiken »

I don't remember having a hard time on any characters on the training. I wonder why?I always use my final party to grind on the training.

Party:
Lazlo
Snowe
Ted
Maxine
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

It's just a matter of luck. And the characters in the 4th, 5th battle tend to cast high level spells more often than those appear earlier.
Dario in the 1st battle might be harmless but if he's in the 4th, there's a fair chance he'd wipe out the whole party with earthquake(I got owned twice)