Enhancing the Rune of Punishment Patch

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Enhancing the Rune of Punishment Patch

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Hey All,

I am back with my latest improvement for the Rune of Punishment. Last time we unlocked it and turned dmg off! This time, I am improving the battle attack damage the Rune does.

Lets face it as far as True Runes go, the damage it does left much to be desired. I mean seriously a level 4 true rune attack that only does 500 dmg is kind of joke to me, when every other true rune or near true rune (Dawn, Black sword,) in the series did a least 1000 dmg or more, even if it healed your party too. So here is a patch I created for the pcsx2 to make the Rune of Punishment stronger. Pyriel gave me a few suggestions for making the cheat codes, but these are all mine and my first real patch that i am sharing with others. I'm nearly halfway through the game, but have encountered no issues. So Enjoy!

Here's a rune down of the changes:

Before:
Eternal Ordeal: -300HP to 1 enemy, -30HP to self.
Double Edged Sword: -150HP to all enemies, -50HP to self.
Voice of Death: Very fatal (1 enemy), 10% fatal (self).
Everlasting Mercy:-500HP (all enemies), +500HP (allies).

After: New Rune Of Punishment Specs with Patch

Eternal Ordeal: -400HP to 1 enemy
Double Edged Sword: -250HP to all enemies
Voice of Death: Very fatal to 1 enemy (improved odds to about 95%, instead of 80% chance for sudden death, i couldn't figure out 100%)
Everlasting Mercy:-1000HP (all enemies), +500HP (allies).

The Zip file has a "read me" with more instructions on how install. It's really easy. But Basically, I have included 2 patches, 1 patch turns off the self damage from the rune for the whole game, and the other leaves it on until you finish collecting the 108 like normal. You need to pick which patch you want to use, but you can only pick 1, not both. However both will also have the modest damage enhancements i detailed above. (Be warned, greater enemy dmg, means greater self dmg, so I'd recommend going with the no dmg patch, but i figured, give ppl a choice) Give it a try, let me know what you think! Or if you got questions you can PM me or just use the Thread! Thanks and happy gaming!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Re: Enhancing the Rune of Punishment Patch

Post by suiko2fan2 »

A few people PMed about regular codebreaker codes. While using the patch is easier comparatively speaking, less details to deal with. Here are the codes to enhance ROP.

Lv 1 00B4798C 00000190
Lv 2 00B479BC 000000FA
Lv 3 00B479EC 00000064
Lv 4 00B47A1C 000000E8 & 00B47A1D 00000003

Notes:
1. If using a codebreaker, These codes won't remain active if you restart the game. Each new time you go to play the game, you need to active the codes first, otherwise the game will just use the default damage values. That's why I think the patch is easier, always active.

2. More of an FYI, than an issue, but if you try changing the values, it will get tricky if you try going above 500 dmg you'll need to an extra line of code.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Enhancing the Rune of Punishment Patch

Post by Pyriel »

That first one up there is writing more than 8-bits, so the command needs to be 1 instead of 0.