Treasure Hunting - please help

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
trueseeker

Treasure Hunting - please help

Post by trueseeker »

Hi, i basically skipped over Suikoden IV, but recently wanted to complete it, i have an issue with the treasure hunting in which i speak to Rene to look at another map, i select the map, go to the island (Donut in this case) and it only shows me the map i originally completed which is map 1 Rage Rune, i cant seem to shift between maps, i have tried all buttons in different combinations and still no success, i have just recruited Elenor and am about to go into the Fog ship, can someone please help?
eldrasidar

Re: Treasure Hunting - please help

Post by eldrasidar »

so first off, have you found any other treasure maps? I going to assume you have, but it's not clear. Next, have you found Rene on your ship and initiated a dialogue with her? In order for her to have the maps, you'll need to do this, and you'll need to do this each time you pick up a new map. Once you do that, you should be able to go to any treasure location, and using I believe L1/R1 plus the left/right d-pad scroll through the various maps you have access to. Hope this helps. By the way there is no time limit on doing the actual treasure hunting, however several of the treasure maps are only available for a limited time, so you may have missed one or two.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

trueseeker wrote: i speak to Rene to look at another map, i select the map, go to the island
- You don't select the map during dialogue with Rene on the ship, switching maps at this moment just allow you to browse which maps you have and if they were completed or not, nothing else. By talking to her there, you actually give her the new maps you got.
- Once Rene got those maps from you, depart to the island, and now it's time you SELECT the map you want to hunt with L/R pad.
trueseeker

Post by trueseeker »

thank you for your replies, maybe i wasnt too clear, i assumed that was the way, but seems as i use my L1/R1 and d-pad directional buttons and it still does not scroll through the maps (while im in the correct location), i suspect my copy of the game is faulty as i have confirmed all these buttons work, the maps just dont scroll when used in this fashion, thank you for your time anyway
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

do they scroll in other locations besides donut island? whenever I go to any of the treasure locations, and I'm playing as Rene, on the left side of the screen it shows the current map, and then underneath it says how to switch between maps.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Sorry if i'm spoiling your fun. But if you're going to form a physical attack team, don't have to worry since there's no need to hunt treasure map at all and your characters will still be able to reach their full performance, none of these 30 maps bring anysupport to physical attack, otherwise if you're a magic lover...you will miss quite a lot of good magic orbs and the guardian circlet. If the game doesnt favor you with way of magic, then cope with the auto command style, brawn over brain anytime in suikoden :lol:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Sorry, turned out L1 + left/right works
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

my Rene just tripped "aw" she said on a dig spot lol
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account