Tech effect on skill runes?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Punkaiser

Tech effect on skill runes?

Post by Punkaiser »

I'm wondering what is the formula to show how tech value affects on damage output of skill runes in S4. We have Reinbach III, Mizuki and Kiaka up for the test but as far as i can see it's the str/power which counts, like a power(+15 pow) ring gives more damge with those skills than a rose brooch(+20tech) does.
eldrasidar

Re: Tech effect on skill runes?

Post by eldrasidar »

the tech(in 4 it's called skl) statistic has no effect on special attack runes damage. A higher skl only improves your ability to hit something, it doesn't do anything for your damage. Since all rune attacks are autohit, in therefore doesn't help you deal any damage whatsoever.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

thanks for the confirmation, it bugged me bcause i remember reading a description somewhere about S1 or S2 that tech/skill affect skill rune damage.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it doesn't affect damage directly in any game. but if you're talking about normal attacks (and rune attacks in Suikoden 5), now you can consider hit rate (obviously low SKL/TECH = miss more often dealing 0 dmg) and critical hit rate, so the overall performance of a normal attack is affected. in Suikoden 3 a low accuracy could make special attacks 'miss' more often dealing only 1 damage to a target. in Suikoden 2 we believe Valeria's Falcon Rune's critical hit follows her normal critical hit rate.