Can't beat the last boss help!

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Tonel

Can't beat the last boss help!

Post by Tonel »

I just got to lv 61 for my party and no matter what I do I can't put him down, what am I doing wrong?

Here's my party

Lazlo: lv63
Snowe lv59
Ted lv62
Maxine lv61

I get close and pow I get hit when he changes to sliver-ish white color I keep going afterwards for maybe 2 turns and it's all over :cry: Please help the only boss I haven't beaten in a suikoden game.
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?
Belle

Re: Can't beat the last boss help!

Post by Belle »

What is your party equipped with? What armors, accessories, runes, etc do you have equipped on them, and what are their weapons levels?

I do have some suggestions, but I'm not sure how useful they'll be to you since you're past the point of no return...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

can't you use Rush when it turns white to avoid it?
Tonel

Post by Tonel »

Sorry for late post, but I just started replaying it and getting to know everything again (boy hate when that happens) I'll let you know when I get around to play it again.
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?
herugrim

Post by herugrim »

Stuck there myself. My part averages level 55 or so and consists of Hero, Pablo, Warlock, and Ted.

I've beaten him before with low level characters with poor equipment, but I have no idea how I pulled it off. I can't get any good equipment sets because I haven't been trading (can't get the good materials for making or completing the best sets), don't have any potch (tried farming it from Deserted Island but couldn't get much out of it, even with Noah coming along), and I've missed most of the missables. Not a big fan of level grinding either. Haven't tried the training hall yet but I really can't imagine getting to level 70 is the camping trip people make it out to be. I've never been a fan of grinding and farming.

Not really sure what to do. The party I have can hit for plenty of damage. Pablo and Warlock's unite attack is already leveled up twice, and actually deals very good damage to groups reguardless of the levels of their weapons, and Ted's abilities are pretty self explanatory, true rune + magic Buff = awesome. I know I need to get some decent gear for Ted and Pablo (Warlock has an almost complete magic set, hero has good stuff on).

Now that I think about it, I think I used gameshark to beat him last time...