Who is the Best Tank?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Juan

Who is the Best Tank?

Post by Juan »

As the title said.
EstrangedIX

Re: Who is the Best Tank?

Post by EstrangedIX »

Technically probably Gau or Karl. I didn't use them much though, so my vote goes to Lino. I found Bartholomew to be pretty reliable as well. Actually, I found myself using people like Helmut, Aldo and Jeremy a lot instead.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Juan

Post by Juan »

Haven't try Karl yet, Gau and Bartholemew have a low accuracy because when I use them to train they misses a lot. Lino have decent stat but his HP is not for a tank and can you get another Firefly Rune? Since the rune that is equip on Eugene can't be remove.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

you can't get more firefly runes in this game

http://suikosource.com/runes/list/?rune ... ikoden%204
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah without Eugene and his Firefly Rune, it's hard to want a tank just to soak damage when enemies can just as easily target your weak characters. no formation system...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

poor eugene, is he really that bad of a character?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

all i know is he's awesome in Tactics.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Because he can have really good skills in Tactics, iirc, so he really is a good tank. I think I used him a lot.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

looking at the Suikoden IV stat growth, his PDF is actually the second best in the game, behind Karl. his EVA is not shabby at all, either--better than Lazlo and close to Kate. his MDF isn't much, but at least you can be sure he IS a "good" tank, and with the only Firefly Rune in the game, i'd say he's best. he should also open up his 2 other rune slots, letting him do more than take hits.
Juan

Post by Juan »

Is it good if I put a Violence Rune and a Killer Rune to him?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Violence, sure. Killer won't be too effective on him because he has very low LUK. Critical hit rate is determined by SKL and LUK--since Killer Rune increases your existing critical hit rate, boosting a low rate won't do much good.
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:Violence, sure. Killer won't be too effective on him because he has very low LUK. Critical hit rate is determined by SKL and LUK--since Killer Rune increases your existing critical hit rate, boosting a low rate won't do much good.
Thanks maybe I will put a Double Strike or Warrior Rune then.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Double-Strike would be very safe, but i find Warrior pretty useless for both its bonus and penalty--he'll be taking hits like a mage or worse if you cut his defense in half. but Double-Strike increases the resulting damage, which won't be too much because the damage number is taken after his high PDF has reduced the attack.
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:Double-Strike would be very safe, but i find Warrior pretty useless for both its bonus and penalty--he'll be taking hits like a mage or worse if you cut his defense in half. but Double-Strike increases the resulting damage, which won't be too much because the damage number is taken after his high PDF has reduced the attack.
Thanks for the advice. I finished S4 and I'm playing Suikoden Tactics now and I'm more enjoying tactics than S4. :D
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I didnt care much about gear other than sets but just noticed the red loincloth has effect of firefly rune, it could make Ornan more viable to choose in party, and of course he must become a tank with it then.