Who is the Best Tank?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Who is the Best Tank?

Post by KFCrispy »

oh is that what it meant? i never tested myself but the game's description is ambiguous--it could mean an evasion penalty or Firefly effect..... i also wonder if Robe of the Dead has that effect or just increases damage taken.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Robe of dead also has that effect and does seem to cause more damage received.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

There still really isn't that many great tanks in this game. If you take a red loincloth or a robe of the dead to increase a tank's likelihood of being attacked, you limit the total amount of armor they can have drastically. Eugene is probably still the best tank, at least in terms of absorbing damage, since at least he develops a pretty prodigious amount of physical defense(second only to Karl I believe) along with one of the higher amounts of HP, in addition to having the firefly rune.

if you do want to try using another character using the robe of the dead or red loincloth, here's the characters with high natural defense and hp:

high pdfs(180+)
trishtan, shiramine, lino en kuldes, Karl, izak, gretchen, gau, bartholemew

high mdfs(180+)
aldo, champo, jeane, katarina, konrad, maxine, ted, trishtan, viki, warlock

high hp (600+)
ugetsu, trishtan, tal, shiramine, selma, reinhold, ornan, mitsuba, lino en kuldes, karl, jeremy, izak, hervey, lazlo, helmut, gau, dario, bartholemew, axel, america, akaghi

if you quickly look through these, you'll note that Trishtan is the only character on all three lists. He's actually weaker than Eugene, but has a much better skill stat, and with a robe of the dead boosting his attack, he'd be much better. He's probably the ideal tank choice along with Eugene.

After Trishtan and Eugene, the quality of Tanks drops dramatically. The other characters that have good PDF's are all stronger than Eugene and Trishtan, but they are all dramatically worse when it comes to MDF. Meanwhile the characters with MDF are all horrible with PDF.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Yea, eugene is clearly the best tank, i went a bit off topic to say that in case we need to force a certain char into tanking role, that'd still be possible with gear since there's only one firefly rune. And seems to be good in Ornan case, i heard so many complains about him being an useless char.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

well, certainly getting Ornan awake is going to be good for Ornan, but it's unfortunate the method for doing so leaves him fairly vulnerable.