[Guide] Unite Attacks + list

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
adezero

Post by adezero »

what's the difference between adonis attack and reverse adonis attack? am I missing something, looked the the three chars (different for each one) did the exact same thing for both unites

Dario & Gau is the only useful unite I've seen thus far (done about half of them) 1 x to all is damn good. I don't think these unite attacks share the same luster as they did in suiko 1 and 2. they all basically do them same thing attack one or all. at least suiko 1 and 2 sometimes one char would be unbalanced or something. the dario getting thrown into space ala team rocket style is a nice touch though :p
kosento

Post by kosento »

In Reverse Adonis Attack, they are facing the opposite way during the finger-shake thing. I'm not sure if the two swordsmen are in opposite positions as well, but that could be something too.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well, since you probably already have Kika boosted up so much, she and Hero's unite will be pretty good. give Hero Double-Strike and whatever else, and it's just another reason why Kika is too good.
taliefer

Post by taliefer »

ted seems more powerfull then kika...he has great speed, especially for a rune caster , good attack power with his bow, and he can level just about any monster or group of monsters with magic attacks from either the soul eater, or thunder/rage runes

funny how someone so whiny and complainy is so powerfull ;p
kosento

Post by kosento »

Because of the Falcon rune, my Kika far outdamages anything my Ted can do and Ted's at a higher level too. I don't really find Ted whiny and complainy so much as he wants to keep to himself because if people get too close to him, the Soul Eater may end up taking their life.

With a party of Hero, Snowe, Lino en Kuldes, and Flare up against Moss Behemoths on the Deserted Isaldn, Family Attack messed up 4 times in a row ... o_o.
ColonelAngus

Post by ColonelAngus »

beserker attack flops for me the most, about half the time it doesn't work, but its sweet when it does even tho the damage wasn't necessary, i get a false sense of joy when i see 3500+ damage across the screen
Vhero

Post by Vhero »

Unite attacks have flops as it has no other downfall like in suiko 1 and 2 where your char was disabled for one turn after using it. Percentage of flops seem really low though as I ain't had one yet.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Does anyone have information on how many battles it will take for Combo Attacks to be learned, and is level up of combo attacks based on usage in combat, or number of battles?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It takes 10 battles to learn the unite, another 20 battles to unlock the 2nd level and another 20 battles for the 3rd level.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

10 battles to learn the unite.
That's weird... it took only 5 battles for Mizuki and Akaghi to learn the Ninja Attack in my game.

Well, it's good to know that it takes number of battles to improve the attack damage, and not usage.

ETA: Sorry for asking a question already answered in this thread.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

highwind44029 wrote:
10 battles to learn the unite.
That's weird... it took only 5 battles for Mizuki and Akaghi to learn the Ninja Attack in my game.

Well, it's good to know that it takes number of battles to improve the attack damage, and not usage.

ETA: Sorry for asking a question already answered in this thread.
Hmm, you probably forgot some battles or something. Or maybe they MIGHT be the only exception, though I doubt I messed up. It does take 10 battles the first time. That's from two playthroughs of finding out.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Skrybe

Post by Skrybe »

Any idea to how combo "misses" (like with the Berserker Attack) are determined? Is it stat-based, like with regular attacks, or do certain combos just have a set chance of flopping?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Chaos_Zero, you are correct.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Jowy Atreides wrote:And in my most recent playthrough of Suikoden Four I was using Kika, Akaghi and Mizuki. Kika didn't have her unite with Hero and Akaghi and Mizuki didn't have their unite yet either.

After five battles Akaghi and Mizuki learned their Ninja Attack. And Kika and Hero's went as planned. After ten battles they learned their unite. It seems like the Ninja Attack is the excpetion to the rule.
Thanks for confirming that. I was beginning to doubt my tallying. :oops:
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Jowy Atreides wrote:From what I've played it seems to have a certain chance to work and a certain chance to miss.

And in my most recent playthrough of Suikoden Four I was using Kika, Akaghi and Mizuki. Kika didn't have her unite with Hero and Akaghi and Mizuki didn't have their unite yet either.

After five battles Akaghi and Mizuki learned their Ninja Attack. And Kika and Hero's went as planned. After ten battles they learned their unite. It seems like the Ninja Attack is the excpetion to the rule.
Hmm, well I guess it's just with Mizuki and Akaghi then. Must be because they've always been together, heh.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.