[Guide] Unite Attacks + list

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Hypharse

Post by Hypharse »

How does the levels affect the unites? I have hero and kika's unite up to lvl 3, but it still says .4x to all enemies.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you notice, it says: "Lvl 1: .4x to all enemies" or something. it only proivdes the level 1 description. so we're not sure on what the other levels gots
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Anyone seen the Unites flop? I wonder how many there are...

I've seen...

True Ninja Atk flop. A tiny frog attacks the enemy, instead of a large one.

Berserker Atk flop. Gau launches Dario into the sky. XD

Family Atk flop. This one was the funniest. Lino does a cool 3 hit combo, and then Flare rightly shoots Lino in his ass. I was rolling the first time I saw it.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

whoa cool!!
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

I think there's more, but that's all I TRULY remember. Damn, I could've sworn I saw another one, but I can't remember who...
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

I have a question on the unite attacks. When a unite attack says it does x1 damage to 1 enemy, to me it sounds like it means it does normal damage to one enemy. As in it would do they same damage if I used the attack or had the characters just attack the same enemy. Can someone clarify this for me? thanks.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

yes x1 Indeed is normal damage but its never used as "x1" only (im pretty sure but correct me if im wrong). Usually it is either against more than 1 enemie or does some status effects
bla
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

Sasarai wrote: Pirate Attack : Sigurd + Hervey ( lv 1 = x1.00 dmg to single )
Ninja Attack : Akaghi + Mizuki ( lv 1 = x1.00 dmg to single )
These kind is what I meant, it says X1 Damage to single target. I understand they get more powerful, just checking if what I posted earlier was how it worked.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Yeah, 1X damage is basically the equivalent of each individual's normal attacks combined into one attack. Like The Ninja Unite would take roughly the same amount as Mizuki and Akaghi's normal attacks combined. The upside is that they can't miss, and it can be leveled up. The downside is that (while not 100% sure), it can't be critical.

Another example is 0.4X Damage All Enemies. That would mean that the attack would equal 40% of ALL the involving characters' normal attacks...

So, say Player1 and Player2 each took 100 damage in their normal attacks, their unites would be:

100 x 2 = 200

40% of 200 is 80. So it'd be 80 damage on ALL enemies.

That's just an example.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

a more subtle advantage is that if a slower or weaker character's powers may be invoked by the stronger/faster partner much earlier before the enemy gets to attack and possibly kill the group.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Yeah, I forgot to mention that.

In order for that work, of course, have the FASTEST of the characters doing the unite, initiate the unite.

For example, you don't want Jeane to be ahead of Kika or Gretchen/Amelia when it comes to their unite. She, for the most part is going to be one of the last ones to excecute a command (even after the enemies), so you'll want the fastest to excecute the unite (I'm sure it's Kika).

That way, you can kill off the enemies before they get a turn in (if you're fast enough).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it doesn't matter what order you put them in, since suikoden 1 (not counting 3), it's simpy been that the move will be based on the fastest speed of whoever's involved.
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

Chaos_Zero wrote:I was expecting a better unite from Hero and Kika.. :-/
Me too! I was so anxious to see it, and it turned out to be very lame and dumb. They should of just done some fancy sword-work on the happless enemies. That would of been better than how simple the move actually is.

Speaking of flops, I wonder if every unite attack has a flop?

And if so, I have a new list to compile! :D
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

After you are able to recruit Snowe, the friendship ability is lost... I was just wondering will you be able to get the combo attack back again in some point in the game and how do you do it?
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

You gain the True Friends unite attack, or something to that nature.

Just keep fighting like normal.