Lazlo's bad luck

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Sagiri

Lazlo's bad luck

Post by Sagiri »

Lazlo is the unluckiest bastard i'v ever seen :mrgreen:

1. Gets fired away when he was just a baby and then is discovered half-dead in the water
2. Gets adopted by the stupid-as-hell Vingerhuts oh my god they all suck
3. Gets attacked by pirates, his best friend takes off, and he is left to endure the gradual death of his commander
4. Gets blamed for said death, aquires rop, exiled
5. Eventually dies if all sod's are not obtained, and even if they are he still is put into a little boat in the middle of nowhere when he is only out temporarily

having woken up in that boat, he may have been thinking :

Is it really that hard to distinguise between dead and unconcious? God damn it!
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Lazlo's bad luck

Post by patapi »

When one fears that the cursed rune might choose you as the next bearer, I'm not surprised they don't give too much effort to pay attention whether he is truly dead or just unconscious.

Of course, it might have just been a mere symbolic ritual on Lino's part though, considering he led the ship back onto the sea to pick the Hero up in the 108 Stars ending.

That said, personally I think he's lucky enough that someone picked him up and looked after his childhood after all. Snowe and the Vingerhut household might not have been your ideal local lord, but not everyone has the capacity to provide shelter and food for someone else. Not to mention, even with his somewhat questionable intentions during the war, Snowe is still a reasonably good friend before and after that, as shown in Rhapsodia.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

That's probably why RoP, the rune of ordeal, considered him as his worthy bearer, for better or for worse.
He suffered much but is still brave so that's supposed to attract the rune's attention.
Sagiri wrote: Is it really that hard to distinguise between dead and unconcious? God damn it!
I lolled on that! :lol: It really hurts to know that possibly more than 100 people betrayed the nation's savior.. :( :( heheh.

Kidding aside, who knows? He might still be alive and some crappy super runic powers revived him because of a hundred people.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Sagiri wrote:Lazlo is the unluckiest bastard i'v ever seen :mrgreen:

1. Gets fired away when he was just a baby and then is discovered half-dead in the water
2. Gets adopted by the stupid-as-hell Vingerhuts oh my god they all suck
3. Gets attacked by pirates, his best friend takes off, and he is left to endure the gradual death of his commander
4. Gets blamed for said death, aquires rop, exiled
5. Eventually dies if all sod's are not obtained, and even if they are he still is put into a little boat in the middle of nowhere when he is only out temporarily

having woken up in that boat, he may have been thinking :

Is it really that hard to distinguise between dead and unconcious? God damn it!
I think he was actually 4 when he was lost at sea.

But anyway, it's exactly for those reasons he's my favorite Tenkai. Despite being down on his luck, despite all he went through, he still keeps a strong image. He never complained and appears to appreciate what he's got.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

I suppose thats true....I mean he's pretty lucky to be alive actually.

Besides the fact that his dad doesn't even notice his appearance when Lazlo looks so much like his late wife.
Its sad really. :x :(
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

Wait.... is the hero Lino's son? I've played this game at least 4 times but I didn't pick up on that hahaha
pyrobunta

Post by pyrobunta »

Edgar wrote:Wait.... is the hero Lino's son? I've played this game at least 4 times but I didn't pick up on that hahaha
Basic cliche #23

When some guy says that he lost his kid years ago and tells you that you're about his age. HE IS YOUR FATHER.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

if it weren't for bad luck, one might not have any luck at all.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

pyrobunta wrote:
Edgar wrote:Wait.... is the hero Lino's son? I've played this game at least 4 times but I didn't pick up on that hahaha
Basic cliche #23

When some guy says that he lost his kid years ago and tells you that you're about his age. HE IS YOUR FATHER.
LOLed at this real hard!

By the ways, from the looks of it, Lazlo has the lowest LUCK stat among all Suikoden heroes, with majority of them having high LUCK. Special mention to this one is Riou's insane LUCK stat in S2 and Frey's above average LUCK in S5's inflated stats.

Tir and Hugo - 05 LUCK
Riou - 07 LUCK
Lazlo - 02 LUCK
Frey - around 05-06 LUCK
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.