Returning Runes

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

If anyone could possibly post each rune they come across and a description of what each one does, that would be great. I would like to put together a runes section sometime in the near future.

From what I've heard, the Fury Rune is in the game, but not as useful as it once was. Berserk status apparently boosts strength slightly instead of multiplying damage by 1.5. Can anyone confirm this?
iscalio

Post by iscalio »

Berserk status apparently boosts strength slightly instead of multiplying damage by 1.5.
It is still the 1.5 multiplier.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Ahh, True Runes are essential to the plot of the entire history of Suikoden, so you can't ask that kind of thing here.

Is the spells the same for the Fire, Lightning, Wind, Earth, and Water runes?
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yes, same as they are in Suikoden 3, although their effects are slightly different (generally downgraded).
Giammy91

Post by Giammy91 »

and there is rune of prosperity and fortunes? they were many profits... :roll:
if there are, they are much rare or quite only?
Released_Souls

Post by Released_Souls »

Is there still thunder rune...it should...because lighting rune is there...but somehow I just can't find a thunder rune
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Thunder rune can be acquired via treasure hunting.
Tiger

treasure

Post by Tiger »

how does treasure hunting work?
Suikoden is not just agame it is a way of life
fake_flame

Post by fake_flame »

that is the hard part ... maybe if we play the english version will be much easier ...
-- [fAkE_fLaMe] --
Vash_HS

Post by Vash_HS »

Does the fire rune work like it did in S3 (you could catch your party in the spell's effect) or like in S1,2 (only hit the enemies). I'm curious because the way it was implimented in 3 I never used it because there was such a good chance of hitting my melee memebers, especially since I couldn't move them at all let alone out of harms way.
Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Although I've only played the demo, the party is set up like Suikodens 1&2, where your characters stay in formation, so they cannot get hit by a friendly rune.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

None of the attack spells can affect your allies, just like the old times.
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

Speaking of Elemental Runes, Did they bring back the Magic Unites in this game? Lightning and Water rocked in 1 & 2. I was mad when they removed it from the 3rd game.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

Elemental unites are present in Suikoden IV. If you played the demo, you would have had access to one; combining the Hero's fire rune with Kika's lightning rune.
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

Thanks god for that. I have never played the demo nor will I be able to. Thanks for the good news.